• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recommended Polaris Dealers?

Moose-Hunter

Howdy All....

I'm finally biting the bullet and getting a 4 wheeler. After riding a Sportsman 700 twin this past weekend, it was all I could do NOT to take that one home with me.... so that's what I'm getting.

Can anyone recommend a good customer service minded Polaris dealer here in the metro or maybe within an hours drive of the metro?

Anyone can sell them, but who has the best "after-sale" service?

Thanks......

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

I prfer Garceau's in Vadnais Heights. They have fair prices and they don't sitck it too ya when you take it in for annual maintenance or repairs. Although, since you are going with the Polaris, you won't really need to have it repaired anyway wink.gif

Hey Moose, I see you're out of Cologne. I grew up there. If you don't feel like driving into the cities, you might try Mies Equipment in Watkins. Go north Winsted, Howard Lake, Annandale, west on 55 to Watkins. Probably an hour haul for you.

I buy all of my sled parts/accessories from them and I purchased my 500 Sportsman there also. If you can handle the previous year's model, you can save alot of money. Go there in March and see what they have for 2004's...the 2005's will be out in the summer/fall and they will be willing to move on price. I hammered on them and picked up my 500 for $5400, had them add $800+ in accessories (60" plow, HD bumper, rack extensions) and I was out the door for 6K...the list on the machine alone was $6200 if I recall.

Diggers in Prior Lake has done all my $2,500 in warranty work on my early built 2002 700 Twin. Last time I was in to see why the tempature light would come on and flash and why I was going through engine coolant all the time they said they could not find any problems. They did try to slap me with a $75.00 bill for an oil change!!! I said I'm not paying that kind of money for an oil change. He brought it down to $50.00 which still is outrageous. My 15 quart diesel can be changed for half that price! Behind the showroom is were they make all there $.

Tri-K Sports in Maple Plain west of the cities on HWY 12 a few minutes. Thats where I got my 700. You're right: Anyone can sell them. I know that hese guys can service them ! ALso Check out about antifreeze leaks on them. Some one else here on the forum mentioned that they have leaks on their 700 and I noticed a small spot on the garage floor where I usuall park 2004. You may also want to check out the 700 EFI while you are at it.

The leak from the 700 sportsman stems from the water pump cover. Although I have not seen any 04's yet for this problem. I replaced the cover upto 4 times on the same machine and still polaris can't fix the problem. I don't recomend getting a polaris twin.

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

I talked to a dealer today on the antifreeze leak issue and was told "that problem has been fixed on the 2004 models". I then asked him IF I did buy one and it DID leak, could they fix it the first time? Answer: "It won't leak". I guess we'll see....

Take this for what it's worth....

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

I know Polaris had a ton of problems with the water pump on the 700 twins.
Sure am glad I spent $599 for the warranty. If the machine had the factory six month warranty it would have been shoved off a steep cliff somewere. Don't get me wrong it's a work horse, it's use to mow the yard, clean up job sites, and do a ton of other stuff. Once it even towed the heavy 8x16 tandem axle travel trailer! It only lacked power once when it was running on one cylinder! Plus three times it wouldn't start due to malfuctions.

From my experience, I can see where the Polaris twin cylinder machines will have more problems due to more vibration. Lione up a 500 and 700 alongside each other and check it out.

Dave,
I think I read on here that you have or had the 500 H.O. with the SL-8 trailer. Is that right? If so, how is the fit with a winch and how do you like the trailer? Are those 8" tires on that okay for highway driving? Thanks!

As for dealers, I've talked with a bunch of them and seem to get the impression that 61Marine down in Hastings has some good people working for them. Hitching Post in Hopkins seems pretty good as well, although I've never bought from either. I'll have to check out TRI-K. Anyone have experience with 61Marine or Hitching Post. Hitching Post has 3 locations, so that would be nice for service.

I've had great luck with the service dept at the St. Anthony Village Hitchin Post. They've saved my weekends more than one time when I needed a quick fix or turn around due to my own strong arm stupidity frown.gif Dohhhh !!

Trollingforeyes,
The water pump is visibul on the right side of the machine. They mostly leak when a lot of work is put to the machine or hot running. The other big down fall of the machine is that front diff. They had a great system with the demand drive on each hub. But now they intergrated it into the fron differential and in the last 2 months I have seen 6 or more 600 and 700 locking into 4x4 with out turning it on. Now the late model 400 and 500's have the same system. have talked to polaris and they say is common problem. They told me that you should not wipe doughnut with them in 2x4. they will automatically lock into 4x4. My coworker just replaces parts on 2 diffs and now one does the same thing and it has only been gone from the shop for 2 weeks.
As one other pesron mentioned HP does good service. But bring it to SSP, I'm biast work at SSP (South Saint Paul)

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

Howdy All...

Thanks for all the great info.... After doing a bunch of running around and making a ton of phone calls.... It seems as if Heinen's (In Osseo?) will give me the best deal. I'm not too sure on the service aspect there however, but their pricing has yet to be beat.

Anyone have any experiance dealing with Heinen's?

Dan