• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1 on the board

Kyle

So I didn't time it perfectly with the rain but it paid off. I sat in my truck until 5:00pm intending to get in the stand immediately after the rain let up. The rain let up just long enough for me to get in the stand before dumping on me for the next hour and a half. Not 5 minutes after the rain let up again, I see a fork buck out of the corner of my eye. Of course this deer came from the opposite direction I expected. The little buck trotted out in the hay field I was hunting next to and shook off and bathed himself for about 5 minutes before trotting off into the woods. 30 minutes later I see a deer in my peripheral coming from the direction I had expected all along, yet was startled now due to the previous deer sneaking in on my from the opposite side. The doe was walking at 20yds with a very slight quarter away, gave her a grunt to stop her and then sent the arrow into the boiler room. The shot looked slightly high, but she literally took 2 quick steps and fell over. At first I though maybe I hit spine, but she didn't lock up like a spine shot, and I didn't think the shot was high enough to hit the spine. Plus, it was a complete pass through. When I walked up, the shot didn't look as high as I originally thought, and the exit was lower than expected. When I opened the deer up I found that the arrow hit the top of the heart. It was the quickest bow kill I've ever seen, which is saying a lot as I have seen plenty of deer die within 10 seconds of being hit. This deer was on the ground within 1 second of being hit, and completely expired within 5. Thanks 3 blade rage broadhead. Now I get to buck hunt for the rest of the year. Can't wait to prepare those tenderloins!