• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rage Hypodermic Broadhead- Thoughts??

Cobber

Hope all are well and getting their groups tightened up-

Quick question, very intrigued by the Rage Hypodermic, wondering what the thoughts are of others?

The main reason that I was hesitating with the previous rage models was because of that soft, rubber 'o' ring that held the blades in place. However, it seems they have completely gone back and revamped this with their 'Shock Collar' - which looks similar to the collar on the Grim Reaper.. makes me think that they may be a LOT less touchy to bumping, quiver, etc.

Anybody have any thoughts on updates/changes, first hand experiences or reactions to the broadhead?

Thanks, All!

"Aim Small, Miss Small"

-Cobber

The new rage stuff is much improved that is for sure, use to shoot them but had issues with things. Might be worth looking at again, both the hypo and chisel tip look interesting. As noted above the rage extremes (2.3 inches) are illegal in mn.

Since I live in Duluth where Rage was previously made before they purchased Muzzy and consolidated all there facilities down south, I know a couple guys who shot animals with them last year. Frankily I was extremely impressed with the results. They seem to hold up a lot better after contact since they are made of steel and not aluminum, and the penetration was equally impressive. They shot hogs with them and whitetails. The results were the same a big hole, shattered bones, and a quick death. I know I'll be shooting the hypodermic. That hybrid chisel cut on contact tip really aids in the penetration.

There is nothing wrong with the blade angle, the tip design etc etc etc. These heads are not new, they simply have a different tip to them.

I think the Rage is a great head and they have killed a lot of deer. I like the head, but the reason I no longer shoot them is they are not very serviceable. When the blades get dinged up you cant' replace them. They sell kits to replace blades but so far I've only succeeded in breaking them while trying to replace the blades.

I still think its a great head, but I shoot more than one deer a year so I'd prefer to not have to buy a new pack of broadheads every year. Seeing as they are not magic in anyway, I will stick with either the G5 striker or the Slick Trick Magnum. BOth heads you can change blades in the field without a tool and they shoot fantasticly with amazing wound channels.

I'm with Powerstroke. Stick to a gooood fixed head and there is nothing to go wrong. (with the head)

Slick trick magnums for me. AWESOME wounds. Furthest deer I've ever trailed has been 50 yards. Put it in the right place and eat well!

I still shoot the original Rage 2 blade and they are still harvesting deer for me.

I have been able to replace blades on mine very easily and even took them all apart this year and honed the edges on all the blades.

Maybe I got an operator friendly set. grin