• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat brands?

mrpike1973

can any one tell me the best selling aluminum boat brands there are? basically the v boat row boats if you will. couldnt find it on the net. i know there is alumacraft, crestliner, g3, lowe lund, mirrocraft, princecraft, starcraft, smokercraft,. reason i'm asking is i was going to trade one of my boats i have a g3 and starcraft i was told there junk, that only alumacraft has any resale. every one is intitled to there opinion. and i dont want a chevy verse ford debate. but i think this guy was off a little in his reasoning. looking on other sale sites. i cant see where my boat was that bad. i will agree alumacraft has a good boat and probably is a good seller. but to say there unsalable i dont get/see that.

It's a regional thing. MN's love their Lunds, Alumacrafts, and Crestliner, and we are willing to pay a premium for them.

Try to find a Lund or Alumacraft walleye boat in MO or MS. If you do, it will sell for a song by our standards because they are worthless boats to them.

It wouldn't surprise me if the number 1 tin boat maker was a tracker.

It's a regional thing. MN's love their Lunds, Alumacrafts, and Crestliner
+1 Are you looking to know just for this region or nationwide? I'm assuming local since you're trying to sell

Anyone who tells you that everything besides Alumacraft is junk is a liar just trying to either get your boats for cheap or has some other motive. Lunds and Alumacrafts command a little bit of a premium, but most used boats have a reasonable resale value.

actually regional and nation wide. but skunked again i think you are correct in your statement. i just had a chance to trade 2 boats for something and i feel i will just keep them i think they were trying to just get them for cheap thanks

can any one tell me the best selling aluminum boat brands there are? basically the v boat row boats if you will. couldnt find it on the net. i know there is alumacraft, crestliner, g3, lowe lund, mirrocraft, princecraft, starcraft, smokercraft,. reason i'm asking is i was going to trade one of my boats i have a g3 and starcraft i was told there junk, that only alumacraft has any resale. every one is intitled to there opinion. and i dont want a chevy verse ford debate. but i think this guy was off a little in his reasoning. looking on other sale sites. i cant see where my boat was that bad. i will agree alumacraft has a good boat and probably is a good seller. but to say there unsalable i dont get/see that.

If it would be me I would sell the Star Craft. That person is way off base. there is nothing wrong with a G3. G3's are good boats. the G3 are more popular around the Missouri area(Lowes also). There is getting to be more G3 dealers in the state thou. the ones closest to me are at Annandale and Richmond. I am looking at a G3 as my next boat. Looking at their Gator Tough Jet Tunnel Deluxe (1656 CCJ DLX) with a yamaha 60/40 jet outboard on it. this will be strictly my river boat and I will keep my current Alumacraft as my lake boat. with this being said thou, the earlier high end G3 deep V's had issues but these have been since taken care of by G3.

G3 is trying to give Alumacraft a run for the money according to the Alumacraft dealer I trade with. He didn't have much to say about the boat other than it was a close clone. I own a Trophy, my second new Alumacraft and have been pleased with it. I've always kinda wanted a Lund but the dealer in my area is a duck and so is the Crestliner dealer.

It's a regional thing. MN's love their Lunds, Alumacrafts, and Crestliner, and we are willing to pay a premium for them.

Try to find a Lund or Alumacraft walleye boat in MO or MS. If you do, it will sell for a song by our standards because they are worthless boats to them.

It wouldn't surprise me if the number 1 tin boat maker was a tracker.

You better do a little more research before you make such claims about aluminum boats (lund, alumacraft, etc.) being worthless in Missouri. I bought a 16' lund deep v back a few years ago, in Mn, brought it to Mo. and doubled my money. Those boats are REAL popular down this way. This may be bass fishing country, but a lot of guys will buy lund boats in place of a $50K bass boat. Heck we have one of the countries top Lund dealers right here in Southern Mo.

One outcome does not make a trend.

A quick C L search shows:

Levenworth KS, 2001 Lund Explorer 1650, 50hp 4S, blah blah blah, $6,000

Walker MN, 1998 Lund Explorer 1600, 40hp 2S, blah blah blah, $8,000.

Which one looks like a beater deal?

I'm sure I could find many more example with more searching but why waste the time proving what is already known.