• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

XBox One

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mind wasn't blown to say the least. We will see about cost to see HOW excited I am for it. From what I found on Gamestop or.....somewhere it has a drop date of 12/31/2013 so of course after Ghosts drops. Meaning if you want to play ghosts you will have to buy 2 versions.....

Microsoft is being really smart about this, if you ask me. They are creating an all in one device, that could potentially replace someone's PC. Gaming is only half of it now. The new Konnect sensor looks amazing

I hate to say it, but I think the PS4 has the new Xbox one blown away. I was excited to get one of the 2 new game systems, and was leaning towards the new xbox, but maybe I will wait now, and see what the new systems are like in real life with reviews, before dropping the coin on one of them.

I hate to say it, but I think the PS4 has the new Xbox one blown away. I was excited to get one of the 2 new game systems, and was leaning towards the new xbox, but maybe I will wait now, and see what the new systems are like in real life with reviews, before dropping the coin on one of them.

when is comes to release time both systems will be so close to each other in performance it will come down to personal preference, i always have been and always be a xbox,er

I have had both of the last systems, and after having to buy 3 xbox's, because they kept going bad, compared to 1 PS3 that has lasted since the release, it will make me think a little. My last xbox, has made it 2 years, that was the longest the other 2 prior to that made it. IDK, I kinda have grown to like the xbox platform a little better, but now I feel a little less enthused to get the new system, without seeing them both in action first.

I've had the same Xbox 360 for nearly a decade with no problems. I can't wait to see what the new 1 can do. I plan on using it as far more than a game platform; it will basically be a control center for all my home multimedia stuff.

Not really blown away by either, they have similar specs with the PS4 having faster RAM and the Processor TBD, just looking forward to the increased speeds and what that means. I pretty much use my PS3 for most of my entertainment needs, so I don't know that either is really doing that much more, as I am not really interested in the motion stuff.

From IGN (Full PS4 specs TBA):

Feature - PlayStation 4 - Xbox One

Optical Drive - Blu-Ray/DVD [1]- Blu-Ray/DVD [2]

Game DVR - Yes [3] - Yes [4]

RAM - 8GB GDDR5 [5]- 8GB DDR3 [6]

CPU - Single-chip x86 AMD "Jaguar" processor, 8 cores [7] 8 Core Microsoft custom CPU [8]

Storage - TBA - 500 GB Hard Drive [9]

Second Screen - Vita[10] - SmartGlass [11]

Cloud Storage - Yes [12] - Yes [13]

Mandatory Game Installs - TBA - Yes [14]

Always Online Connection - No [15]- Maybe [16]

Used Game Fee - TBA - Maybe [17]

Backwards Compatibility - None [18] - None [19]

Skype - TBA - Yes [20]

Motion Control - DualShock 4, PlayStation Eye -Kinect 2

Voice Commands - TBA - Yes [21]

Subscription Fee - TBA - TBA

USB - USB 3.0 [22] - USB 3.0 [23]

Live Streaming - TBA - TBA

Reputation Preservation - Trophies will be ported - Achievements will be ported [24]

Web Connection - Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n [25] - Ethernet, WiFi [26]

BlueTooth - Bluetooth 2.1 [27] - Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR) [28]

A/V Hookups - HDMI (4K Support [29]) , Analog (Component, RCA), Optical output[30] - HDMI input and output (4K support), Optical output [31]

besides they will be tweaking things until the last minute to one up each other, also remember it has taken two PS systems to get up to speed with the xbox... i worked on a guys house who worked for sony and when the ps2 and 360 were to launch close to the same time the PS got held up cause it couldnt compete so they had to do some tweeks, for me my decision is almost solely based on online gaming and i feel xbox will always have an advantage there, with the exception of some of the lag issues i think it just works better.

Did design engineers actually get paid to design this thing?

I've seen VHS players that look more appealing. The controller looks like the OG Big Dog.

Always been an XBox fanboy, but its pretty ugly if you ask me.

besides they will be tweaking things until the last minute to one up each other, also remember it has taken two PS systems to get up to speed with the xbox... i worked on a guys house who worked for sony and when the ps2 and 360 were to launch close to the same time the PS got held up cause it couldnt compete so they had to do some tweeks, for me my decision is almost solely based on online gaming and i feel xbox will always have an advantage there, with the exception of some of the lag issues i think it just works better.

What do you mean two systems to catch up to the xbox? PS2 competed against the xbox not the 360. The PS3 competes against the 360 and I think its common knowledge that the PS3's hardware is more powerful.

Looks like if you're a XBOX Gold member you will be able to get free downloads starting next month which include: HALO3, Assassin's Creed 2, and World of Tanks (which looks pretty freakin' awesome).

Quote:
Microsoft will release its next-generation Xbox One console this November in 21 markets for $499 in the U.S, the company announced Monday the Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference in Los Angeles

Have to wonder if Sony sharpened their pencils after the XBOX presentation to knock a few bucks off their console, which they revealed tonight will be $399.

I watched the Sony event and didn't see any ooh or ahh moments except when they revealed the price.

Apparently they also adore the VHS look. Fine by me. I'd rather have a square box that stacks easily.

I'm on the fence about the new generation platforms and was thinking of making the switch over to PS because most of my coworkers have it and are COD players as well. I really like Forza, but I'm not sure if that's enough to keep me on the XBOX side. The price of the boxes is irrelevant. I'm guessing that after being snookered MS will offer up some incentives to narrow the gap a bit. $100 is a big gap, though.

I guess I see the biggest push from Xbox to me is the Windows 8 platform, I just dont like it at all. But I will be getting one of the new sets, but I am still not sure wich one yet.