• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
maxamillion

Mpls Boy wants to fish the north land

So last year I was looking forward to my first "real" opener at our, in-laws, lake place. Im a carpenter and they grabbed this joint that needed a few things. I bilt new kitchen cabs, set and trimmed a few windows, couple of sky lights, its an A frame. You know, made it have a lake breeze, nice place.. Spring comes last year and had an accident, fractured my neck playing softball on 4/24. No boat for 8 weeks. I got little kids, I got other worries beside fishing. First night out out in July, 15 minutes in the boat, my boat, i get a 26" Walleye! life is good! Go on to a great fishing season. closer her up with a 23"large mouth on the last day this Winter. Lots of fish this year.. I missed the first two months of the season on the bench last year but had great luck when I was out, should I be bitter about the weather and the late start this year or just let life play and fish as the water tells me or should I want to be out day one? Our Place is up by Ely and the opener is looking funny for this year. Do the fishing gods care that I had a broken neck last year or was I rewarded for my resolve last fall with 2 walleyes over 8 pounds in Oct.?

Okayyyyyy.........???????? crazy

Lay off the caffeine buddy. You are starting to ramble on just a little......

as long as you are above the ground what difference does it make when you go fishing,seasons are just days some man put on the calendar, nature has its own ideas as you can tell,if you can't fish in the boat bring your ice fishing stuff the way the weather is the rest of us will probably be joining you

Sorry to hear about the neck. frown Take care of your kids and your job first and fishing and softball may have to wait a little longer.

Did your Doc, do any brain scans the last time you were in? confused

It's always a good thing to have done after a neck-spine injury! eek

Good luck!

You might need to rig up a little different to fish opener by Ely...

portal_ch4a.gif

Go when you can, and take the kids out if you are catching fish. Makes it a lot easier and more enjoyable if they want to go, too. Listen to the water, as you said.

We had an AFLAC sales person in our office a while ago. She said by far her #1 claim payout is for softball injuries. Us old guys in our 30's need to learn to take it easy. Hope you have a good year on the lake Max! I think that far north your're looking at 50-50 odds for open water on opener.

You might need to rig up a little different to fish opener by Ely...

portal_ch4a.gif

Go when you can, and take the kids out if you are catching fish. Makes it a lot easier and more enjoyable if they want to go, too. Listen to the water, as you said.

Sorry for being off topic, but does anyone rent these in the Detroit Lakes area. I'd like the half day rental rate, so I can go out and do some hot laps on my home lake. I figure that would get me time to make some trails to get to my favorite fishing spots. Then again maybe I should go with the full day rental so I can make decoy trails so not everyone knows which trails go to my favorite spots.