• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jaypo

Trails in Breezy Point Area?

Looking for options or advice on using ATVs in Breezy Point area. Are the ditches open for riding and are there any good trails or state land areas that anyone would recommend. Not looking for anything too challenging but hoping to use the wheelers to explore the area.

Thanks!

Not sure about the area myself, but the dnr HSOforum lists only the "fort ripley connection". Spider lake isn't too far away.

I don't think Breezy or Crosslake are too atv friendly, at least not in "town", not sure of ditches. But Emily, Fifty LAkes, and especially Outing is very atv friendly. I don't think Manhattan Beech allows atvs either. Sorry no better info than that.

I don't think Breezy or Crosslake are too atv friendly, at least not in "town", not sure of ditches. But Emily, Fifty LAkes, and especially Outing is very atv friendly. I don't think Manhattan Beech allows atvs either. Sorry no better info than that.
that's the impression I got when I rode in that area too. Not much to offer that felt like you were away from anything private.

The Ben Draper area in the Land-O-Lakes SF above Outing is open year round and is ATV only. But the DNR does close a lot of trails in the spring because they get to wet so you may want to check their site for trail closings before you head up any where. wink

But, if you are going to be up in the Breezy Point area and only want to ride around close to there. You can take Co Rd 11 right out of the front gate at Breezy and take it North all the way around the top end of the lake and keep going a few miles until you hit Co Rd 3, cross the road and keep going down CO Rd 11 for about another 3-4 miles until you come to a big curve. That whole area north and south of the road is full of short trails around the Flanders Lake area. Have fun! wink

Thank you all for your responses! I was hoping for some state land or other low maintenance road areas where we could ride some. Will definately be looking around by Fifty Lakes and Emily for trails.

Be sure they're not private property trails. I'm not familiar with the area so I cannot comment on the trails leech mentioned.

Ditches in the southern 2/3 of the state are closed now. I noticed a lot of tracks in ditches yesterday on my way home from work and some that were also on the snowmobile trails.

The areas that I talked about above are both SF lands. I think you are going to find more trails at the second place around Breezy Point then there are around the Fithy Lakes area though. wink