• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Calories

The Grebe

There is a lot of research out there on this, google around if you are REALLY interested in a time frame.

The quick and easy answer for me, is I wouldn't believe any set time period someone tells me since everyone's different.

I do however believe that a vigorous workout increases your body's calorie consumption for many hours after.

What it comes down to for me, is whether or not there is increased calorie burn it doesn't effect how I run things. I eat well when I can and I have my "treats" when I want them...Calorie counting in my mind is only worth while in the initial phases of learning HOW to eat properly...once you get that sorted out, the rest will fall in place.

Depends a lot of what the workout consisted of and how vigorous it was.

Is it strength training, cardio, combo of both? Strength training done with a minimum of 1 minute rest between sets burns relatively long after your workout. Cardio, if done without intervals or periods of high intensity basically shuts off when done with that program. There are a lot of individual criteria associated with the person and what shape he or she is in as well.

Personally, If I exercise I feel warmer for several hours afterwards. Like now it has been all day and I am sitting here feeling a little cool in a sweatshirt. Earlier today I was quite comfortable in a light shirt in the same conditions.

To me that is an easy way to tell, this time of year... how cold do you feel?

Muscle is muscle, what Tonka was referring to was eat clean so that your gains are muscle not fat. A common misconception is if you lift and eat more you'll gain muscle. Strength training makes you stronger, your diet profile makes you larger or smaller depending on what you eat and what you oxidize easier, carbs or protein.

Well i am agree with your reviews about the calories.According to me that energy drink have less calories and boost energy for a fairly long time period so helpful in losing weight and keep fitness of the body.....