• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camper roof sealant

ClownColor

Whats a cheap yet effective sealant for an 5th wheel style camper roof? Would the herculiner work? Or do they make an actual product for this?

And what tips would you give someone on how to intall this product of choice?

Thanks,

cc

My buddy and I converted an old camper to an ice fishing house. The roof wasn't in great shape, so I went to Menards and they sold me a gallon of sealant that was made for RVs/Campers roofs. It didn't cost much - I think around $10-15 bucks. Of course, that was a year ago and it still hasn't been applied, but that's where I'd start if you're not looking to spend much. Tell them you need a sealer for your camper and they'll point you to it.

It's a metal roof.

This would be more for prevenative then anything else but it has been sitting up at the cabin for about 4 years under a tree...so there could be damage????

How old is it and how much is it worth? If not much go get the cheaper stuff. If it has some resale value in it I guess I would use the little better sealer coating from a camper supply store. But, before you try and add any kind of seal coat on it you need to scrub off all the tree sap or you may as well just throw you seal can in the trash! wink