• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabela's carries that shell also ,Tried a box last year and was not impressed with the patterning.also had 2 duds in the box.stick with win super steels and you can't go wrong.
Dave

------------------
"The GooseSlayer"
Call em,Decoy em,Drop em,And "CLAMP EM!
I.B.O.T. #4

I Stopped in Gander- Minnetonka the other day looking at shells and found the new Federal Speed-Shok and Ultra-Shok. the Speed-Shok,12 ga, 3" 1 1/8 #2's w/ muzzle velocity @ 1550 FPS, were on sale for 9.99 box, buy a case for 99.90 and get a 30 dollar rebate. Not only a good deal on steel, but with the improved velocity, I for one, hope to have a better kill rate. According to a different HSOforum, these shells should be like shooting lead @ 40 yards and less, or that's how I read it, I may be wrong....

Danny

[This message has been edited by danny berg (edited 08-07-2003).]

I shot the Faststeel all last year and had good luck with it. My mom, yes my mom, hunts with us and she never hits anything. Until last year with the faststeel, she actually killed 10 for the year, about 9 more than usual. But one of my buddies shot it and hated it, he thought it didn't kill anything. Just depends on the shots you're taking and where you hit em. Godd luck

Now before we go bashing shot, we need to know what type of gun this guy is using. Ill only shoot Beretta or Beneli, the BEST shot guns EVER made. Also, steel shot is JUNK! Tungsten is the only way to go! That stuff will kill at ranges most guys cant even hit. I know its spendy, but if you only hunt a few times, its well worth the money. Last year I hunted 50 out of 60 days for ducks, 30 for roosters, and about 15 early/late Goose. That is no B.S. I have been lucky, the last 2 years, I have been layed off starting at the end of Sept. So I hunt almost every day, it has done wonders for my soul, and my dog. I still have 100 rounds of tungsten left for this fall. I cant wait. Usually I start to buy the stuff in June, a couple of boxes a week, that kinda makes it easier to afford. Even though Ive hunted so much the last 2 years, I havent gone through that much ammo. Its hard, but I have been working my dog, so Ill limit my shooting. If I drop one on the 1st shot, then Ill let the rest go. The dog needs the time, and I can kill birds later. Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth. Thanks and GOOD SHOOTIN J Rookie K.

Don't let them Faststeel get wet!
Last year my son shot some faststeel that wasn't very fast! When he pulled the trigger the shell made a poof sound and the pellets barely went 10 feet from the barrel. Man were we laughing at that. The next flight of ducks we just watched him shoot and sure enough his gun went foof and the pellets hardly came out of the barrel. This time we were all on the ground laughing! He took the barrel off the gun to see if the barrel was clear, nope it wasn't. Had to find a stick to remove the wad and gross amount of unburned powder. Just don't let them Faststeel get wet or they won't be very fast for sure! We used the rest of his shells as rocks to show my dog where the ducks were laying amongst the decoys! Good Luck! tongue.gif

Thanks for the input on the Faststeel, I'll probably buy a box or 2 just for S&G's. I got a buddy I hunt with that shoots Tungsten and MAN! reminds me the goods old lead days. My only problem is that I'm cheap and cring everytime I pull the trigger - there goes a dollar, and another and another etc.(haha)

If your the type of person who decoys the birds in close faststeel is the best steel shot ever made. I shot #2 at geese all year and had few cripples. It seems that they lose their speed out from 30 yards. So dont sky bust and you'll love em.

pass shooting sucks!!