• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appetizers/Munchies for New Years Eve

Got 2...

Buffalo chicken dip

3 skinless chicken breasts

2 packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup ranch dressing

1 cup hot pepper sauce

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Chips,crackers celery for dipping

Cook chicken,shred or chop finely. Reheat chicken and hot sauce in skillet until heated thru. Add cream cheese and ranch stirring until well blended. Add cheese and put in a small crockpot. Heat it up and eat!

Reuben Dip

1 package softened cream cheese

1 can of sauerkraut drained

2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

8 ounces corned beef lunch meat chopped

1/4 cup thousand island dressing

Mix everything together and put in small crockpot on low for 4 hours or until warmed thru.

Enjoy on your favorite crackers or little chunks of rye bread.

Baked Wings:

1C white wine

1C low sodium soy sauce

1/4C Terriyaki sauce

as much red pepper paste as you want

Mix sauce and add to 1 large package of wings in a large shallow glass baking dish. Bake at 250 for ~5hours and turn over once. Turning them makes a nice glaze.

Shrimp boiled in old bay seasoning and cocktail sauce,cheese & crackers,spiral sliced ham

Artichoke dip

1 8oz can of artichokes hearts (water packed)

3/4 cup mayonaise

3/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Break artichoke hearts into pieces and mix in other ingrediants

Bake at 325 for 20 min. Serve with crackers

Got 2...

Buffalo chicken dip

3 skinless chicken breasts

2 packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup ranch dressing

1 cup hot pepper sauce

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Chips,crackers celery for dipping

Cook chicken,shred or chop finely. Reheat chicken and hot sauce in skillet until heated thru. Add cream cheese and ranch stirring until well blended. Add cheese and put in a small crockpot. Heat it up and eat!

Reuben Dip

1 package softened cream cheese

1 can of sauerkraut drained

2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

8 ounces corned beef lunch meat chopped

1/4 cup thousand island dressing

Mix everything together and put in small crockpot on low for 4 hours or until warmed thru.

Enjoy on your favorite crackers or little chunks of rye bread.

Swivle nailed it, we usually serve the dip with celery stalks and tortilla chips....

My favorite is to take string cheese and wrap it in bacon. Then wrap it in an egg roll wrapper and deep fry. Very good stuff. I like to use peppered bacon of some sort but any way you do it, its awesome. And like anything deep fried, it goes good with beer.

Those all sound really good I'll be giving some a try.

A.B.T's what?

Generically speaking, what I know as A.B.T. is a cream cheese (often seasoned with garlic et al.) stuffed, bacon wrapped, jalapeno pepper. I like them grilled, but just about any way they're good.

I knew that..dang it. smile Do not have Jalepano's growing in the garden right now, Couldn't wrap my head around that one.. Made a few dozen but completly forgot about them. And the wife keeps fresh jalepano's in the fridge year round. She eats them like celery...Not this cat. I like hot but just can do it on a daily basis like her...

I am making the buffalo chicken dip tomorrow and now will add ABT's the grill will be going so why not.. They always go fast..

Adding chopped jalepanoes,cilantro,green onions on the side for the Buffalo Chicken Dip. People can modify their own dish as they wish...I think adding some crusty sourdough might work well also. SURE WISH IT WAS NOON AND THE GAME WAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!