• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PP story on a wolf hunt

Minnesota Wolf Hunt

Evening FMers: There was a story in the Pioneer Press about how one guy got his wolf this year. I liked the story, unfortunately in the comment section, the guy is getting savaged! To top it off, the trapper is a CO in grand rapids, needless to say the anti's are on there starting their personal attacks against him and those who hunt/trap.

I thought we could try and level the playing field a bit, while staying above the name-calling the anti's are throwing out there.

To comment you have to register, but if you have facebook you can post.

Thanks, and if nothing else, enjoy the story

Those people nay-saying are all so sheltered they have no idea what it means to hunt or trap. If they would get off their computers and spend time in the outdoors maybe they would have different opinions. I wonder if they think about all the "poor, helpless animals" that the wolves eat? They have nothing better to do than bash hunters and trappers as they eat beef, pork, and chickens that were raised in tiny cages.

"nearly 30 years of protecting wolves after we humans (the true top predators) killed nearly every last one in the state. (We killed every last one in every other of the lower 48 states.)"

Yea, us Wedgens and Swedes....we "dam near" kilt em all...and still, somehow, there's over 4,000 in Minn e soda again!!

That Murphy guy is an all out "extremist". He's probably going to be in the papers some day for something not so good. His FB page shows nothing but animal rights, rescue the wolves etc. He spends his whole day on the computer...how would he ever know what its like outside.

What a nut job!

They have the right to remain silent, I wish they would, don't they realize that the surviving wolves will have more food ? If we let the wolf run amuk they'll in our state with few elk, few moose, and medium deer numbers eat themselves to starvation, we're do a tough brutal deer killing winter at some point, we've been fortunate last year and this year so far. Seems the wolf has either expanded their range to find deer, and or established new packs in the farm belt, they have their place in the circle of life for sure, thankfully most of the public can see how over the top these people operate wishing harm or whatever on fellow human beings is disgusting. I don't like the fact I can't hunt sandhill cranes in my area as they are doing major damage to our spring crops, but I'm not going to fight it, the DNR and it's people can decide when the time is proper for such a hunt in east central MN, I don't like dove hunting, but the DNR felt a season was warranted so I accept it, don't have to participate, but have no problem with those that like doing it. That's America, you choose by the choices offered and you don't wish ill will on thy brothers and sisters, we're all on this sphere together like it or not.

"nearly 30 years of protecting wolves after we humans (the true top predators) killed nearly every last one in the state. (We killed every last one in every other of the lower 48 states.)"

Yea, us Wedgens and Swedes....we "dam near" kilt em all...and still, somehow, there's over 4,000 in Minn e soda again!!

Hey I have no problem with all those people wanting to see some Wolves out in the woods! blush

Lets live trap a bunch and send them to their states so they can eat their pets and live stock! smirk

Awesome job everyone! It was great to check the page out and see the positive comments coming in. Yes, that Murphy guy was the one pushing my buttons, and even went after me, Eric Jokinen, harmless enough, but his comments towards the CO as well as towards some other posters who supported trapping were disgusting, telling that Curt guy that his name was one letter off?? It was those type of comments that made me post the story last night.

What a not smart article, I just shook my head and knew the minute I read it what was going to happen. They always have the gun why supply the bullets.

We have ZERO reason to be ashamed of who we are or what we do. If some can't handle our lifestyle, it's their problem. We shouldn't have to hide because someone might not like what we do.