• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ponder Engagement

meerkat

I don't think he'll be to disappointed when he rolls over in bed and sees that there. She's got the goods. I still have to tell myself this is year 2 for Christian, Aaron Rodgers was blowing dust off the clipboard in year 2, but I still want Webb to get a chance just to relieve CP and collect his thoughts etc. I remember a big dive in Mauer production when he got all silly over a female. I think however CP's career goes he gets an A for this effort.

Isn't it funny how Ponder just gets crushed yet 2 years in a row we are dead last in the american league and Mauer gets barely ripped. Takes 33 guys to play pro football and generally the same 8 are out there playing baseball. It's hard to believe Joe Webb isn't starting Sunday, he will be by halftime if CP isn't getting much done, set your feet Christian and cut it loose.

True. Maybe I was saying the NFL gets really picked apart because of how many games are played and how it's covered nationally vs. baseball where failure is expected, you can always redeem yourself the next day and be fine, football your chances to redeem yourself can dwindle quickly. Mauer definitely chose the right sport or he may have been in Ponders shoes one day. It's Joe Webb time by halftime. AP has really helped hide CP some also and on the other hand made him stick out like a sore thumb lol.

There is a huge difference between Mauer and Ponder.

There is a direct correlation between Ponders play and our wins and losses, thats the nature of the QB position. There is no position in baseball that impacts the game as much as a QB.

Starting pitcher is pretty equivalent in impact to QB, IMO.

Isn't it funny how Ponder just gets crushed yet 2 years in a row we are dead last in the american league and Mauer gets barely ripped.

You'll never get the Mauer apologists to admit to anything, as seen by the response. He's the hometown boy and cannot be compared to anything. Ever.

Mauer isn't the one who should be ripped. Its the Twins front office that should be ripped for signing him to that huge contract. Mauer is exactly who he has always been outside of his one flash in the pan MVP season. He's one of those slow and steady players that will pretty much always give you a .300 average, decent RBI numbers, and good not great position skills. That's pretty much what he gave you before the contract and that's what he'll give you the next 10 years. Its not Mauers fault someone was willing to pay him crazy money for that skill set. The only one to rip is the guy who handed him the contract.