• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chromebook anyone?

RK

Hiya -

Thought I'd check back here... Anyone have or tried a Chromebook? Thinking specifically of the Samsung version.

My laptop at home is about at the end of its run, and I'm thinking about replacing it with a Chromebook. About all I do with it is surf the web, check emails and very occasionally do some word processing, which I use Google Docs for most of the time already. So other than an internal drive for storage, I don't think I'd miss much.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with them at all.

TIA,

RK

I too, was looking at the Chromebook. My main concern was that most of the storage for the unit was to be cloud-based. My main use for a laptop is internet, video (Hulu and Netflix), and word-processing. With the cloud-storage they have for most of your information, I was concerned with when I do my writing away from an internet signal. For me, it was an easy decision deciding between a Chromebook and a netbook that costs $40 more but has internal storage. When my christmas bonus comes, I know which netbook I will be getting

I have seen conflicting specs, but is it possible to connect a Chromebook via a HDMI cable to my flat screen and use a bluetooth key board/ mouse with it?

It really depends on which chromebook you get. Some have HDMI, some do not. And, depending on the processor/GPU speed it might not even be able to decode 720/1080p video without stuttering.