• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to get foam padding & blocks?

fisherman-andy

Andy, I am going to be doing the same thing with my hardside take down shotgun case. It currently has the eggshell foam in it, but I would like to use a high density foam to cut out for actual custom places for some rods. I think I can get about 5 combos to fit inside mine with customized cutouts.

One thing that I came across and will definitely be searching for is pick and pluck foam. It is high density and you just pick out the precut squares of foam to customize it any shape and sizes. I haven't actually checked with some fabric stores to see if they carry it around here, but plan to do so this week. I'll let you know what I find and if you come across anything, could you please post it here?

There is a place in Bloomington I think that specializes in that kind of foam I just can't remember the name of the place but I was going to buy some foam from them to make a custom insert to hold my bow better ill do some googleing tonight and see if I can find a name

After doing some quick online searching, I found that most places offer precut sheets that are fairly small for what I need. Most are 12"x24" or even smaller. I came across Case Club dot com and they custom make the foam to your size specifications. I haven't taken measurements of what I actually need, but as an example 32"x15"x2" runs about $32. You can specify how deep you want the blocks cut and based on depth of cut and total overall thickness, you will get a couple or more sheets to get the total thickness desired. Example: 32x15x2 with 1/2" cutout depth. You will get 4 total sheets to get the 2" thickness you want.

If you are planning to cut it to size anyway, A1 has cut-off pieces that are cheaper. I've used their cut-off's to line shipping boxes.

You could save a bunch if you can find something something in their cut-off bin then cut it to suit your needs.