• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Triple 7 pellets

Hey gang,

I'm fairly new to ML, as i've only really shot them once before with a bud. If my memory serves me correctly the pellets my bud used were pyrodex and they had an ignition strip and had to be dropped on ignition strip side first.

yesterday i pikd up a box of 777 and notice they DID NOT have an ignition strip. does this mean they're bi directional and it doesnt matter which side is loaded first?

thanks in advance and good luck everyone

They burn ether way. The 777 pellets always shot good out of my muzzleloader. Struggled for quite some time trying to work up a bullet load with the pyrodex in that gun. Two 777 pellets and a 295gr powerbelt and it was money every time.

Mr. Special, are you kissing a sturgeon in your avatar? sick

If so, you might consider changing your FM handle to Mr. Extremely Lonely. laugh

jk bud.

I'm shooting three 777 pellets, with a 295 grain Powerbelt. Word has it I need to change projectiles, as some feel they are not always the best bullet for the job. But I plan to use up the ones I have before I make the switch. I have approx. 12-15 left in the package, so I figure 6 years from now I'll look into a different bullet. They work fine. Just gotta really make sure exactly where I'm hitting the animal for maximum blood loss.

Best of luck to ya' Special, and your scaly friend! smile

I shoot 150 grains of the 777 and I am ok with the pattern I get with this powder.

I am going to do more testing next summer as I believe I can get a better, tighter group with something else. May be thew sabots I am using also.

I will say I have shot 4 deer with this powder and I have not missed so it is not the worst by any means.

Mr. Special, are you kissing a sturgeon in your avatar? sick

If so, you might consider changing your FM handle to Mr. Extremely Lonely. laugh

jk bud.

I'm shooting three 777 pellets, with a 295 grain Powerbelt. Word has it I need to change projectiles, as some feel they are not always the best bullet for the job. But I plan to use up the ones I have before I make the switch. I have approx. 12-15 left in the package, so I figure 6 years from now I'll look into a different bullet. They work fine. Just gotta really make sure exactly where I'm hitting the animal for maximum blood loss.

Best of luck to ya' Special, and your scaly friend! smile

LMAO, thats the best of the pix ive taken with fish bro, u dont wanna see the other pix. lol

long time to talk bud

ive heard the same, read ur post and have thought about not using them as well. i know there are better bullets out there but a few buds i know uses them and haven't had any issues.

then again with my luck i wont even see a deer n just freeze my butt off, so im not too worried about losing one lol

i also bought a pack of the SlickLoads cz the guy at FF used them i he liked them so imma give them a shot today as well

Thanks and Good luck everyone

Hate to change the subject from pellets to loose powder, but I will never shoot 777 pellets after trying Blackhorn 209. 84 grains(weighed) with 250 gr SST's low drag sabots proved very accurate for me. Shot 13 times the other day and #13 loaded just as easy as # 1. If you can get by the inconvenience of loose powder and the higher cost IMO you will be pleasantly surprised. Cleaning up after 777 is a joke...