• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crow-Hassan Hunt

TProGuy

Anyone hear anything about the harvest and the hunter turn-out this weekend? I was out Friday, and sat in my stand from 5:30 AM until 5:15 PM and never saw a single deer. I did see a couple being registered at the check station on my way out. I missed Saturday due to a family obligation, but was out again for about 6 hours today, and again saw nothing. I know the weather wasn't the best, but I still was disappointed with the lack of deer activity in the area I was hunting.

I hunted Murphy weather was a real factor. Between the wind and warm temps deer didn't move much. I did call in a small 8pt that spooted a hunter behind me and bolted. Saw another small tined wide 10pt that same morning (Fri) . He wouldn't come in had other things on his mind. That was the last buck I saw all weekend. Can't wait to go back. Only the second time hunting it starting to figure things out.

I hunted Murphy also. Most of the guys I talked to said they hadn't seen much. I saw 8 for 2 days, but they were either too small or didn't give me a good shot.

The guy working on Sunday night said they had registered 23 at Murphy so far and 6 at Cleary Lake. He said that was less then they were hoping for. He also said that it was a really bad acorn crop this year and he thought that was one of the reasons. He also said that with the wet and windy conditions on Sat and Sun, that there were less hunters out. I also think that the deer weren't moving on there own as much.

He had pictures of 3 very nice bucks that were taken. I also saw a big one with 2 does but they were 80 yards away and running. cry

Nels

Did the Murphy hunt, but was only able to get out Sat so I did a full day. Didn't see squat. But I did see a gut pile on the way in. Talked to a hunter who wacked a doe on Fri. He saw 16. On Sat he and his buddy saw 3. Wish I would've been able to get out more, but family and work obligations kept me in Fri and Sun.

I got a doe at Murphy on Sat night. Saw a big 8 on Friday going somewhere fast. If I did that hunt every weekend I wouldn't be so fat...Lots of walking as it was my first time in there and I tried a few different spots. Put on many miles on Friday and Saturday.