• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

opinions on what oil everyone uses in sleds?

gotfish?

I have a polaris and I used to use injex oil.This is made from philips 66 company. This works just as good as the manufacturers oil.The only things is that I don't know if this can be used in sleds with variable exhaust though.My sleds don't have that. The reason I used injex...No polaris dealer close by at that time and injex cost way less.Since than I moved and switched back to polaris oil.

I have always used Ski-Doo oil in mine. I know some people who use amsoil without any problems.

------------------
1996 Sylvan Pro Select, 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500HO, 2003 Ski-Doo Summit 600HO, 2000 Ski-Doo MXZ 600

Most oils are ok, but useing brand for brand is the safest way to go.. I use only skidoo in my Doo.. Used to use Injex and it worked great. Only caution is stay away from Pensoil... Nothing but trouble with it for some reason..

Some newer sleds recomend synthetic.. That is a must if it is a newer sled.. check your books.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

I use Yamalube s-2in my Yamaha , Skidoo oil in the SkiDoo, and polaris oil in my polaris. Also use only quicksilver in my Mercury outboard . As I can afford it I like to stick to the manufacture's oil's.

Some guys are just anti-Pennzoil. I've argued with people for years about it . I have an old (1969) Johnson outboard which I inhereted from my father which has only ever had Pennzoil and have no problems . My Grandfather, Father and myself have used Pennzoil in our vehicles for many years and no problems and many,many miles.

Use what you want to use. National oil standards are tough enough that 99% of the oils out there are more than adequete.

[This message has been edited by MnIceman (edited 03-09-2004).]