• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Extended choke isn't flush to barrel

I just bought a patternmaster choke for my stoeger. I put it on and the choke doesn't go flush all the way to the barrel. Will this harm it at all or should I not even shoot it. The gap is really small by 1/16 of an inch. Just dont want to blow out the choke or my barrel.

Thanks

Take all the chokes you have for the gun and line them up on a flat surface and see if just that one is higher then the others? Also match up the thread depths with each as they are lined up or count the threads. All should line up even bottom or barrel end up. If they all have the same amount of threads and that one is just a hair longer on the outside it's just a hair longer on the outside and should not be an issue. If you find any shortage in threads from that one to the others. Take it back and get a new one as it may not be seating all the way down in the barrel threads! wink

Does it state that it is meant for your gun on the packaging???

Extended chokes aren't supposed to be flush to the barrel. However they don't extend only 1/16" out from the barrel either. They usually extend an inch or more out from the barrel. If the choke is seated well and there is no gap inside the barrel where the barrel & choke tube meet then it might be okay.