• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tire Question - 450 and not a racer

BoxMN

I have a leaker on rear (not horrible) and probably will get new tires maybe next year, if I get sick of filling every couple weeks. It is a 03 Foreman 450, and I mainly use on logging trail, tar road, and lake for ice fishing. So not really any aggressive or racing, etc.

What is good suggestion on replacements? Just go with stock type tires, since they have been working? Also will add, that if snow is real deep I will just use sleds on lake, so don't need deep "snow tires" for ice fishing or anything.

Or should I keep using until I find that I am slipping, and really "need" tires? Thanks.

Still have good stockers on my Grizzly, but plan on buying new ITP Holeshots (ATR model-radials) for my 450 Foreman. Might go to 26's. Most of my riding is ice fishing. The radials will be better on snow and on trails. Probably run about $150-175 (set) over the Bearclaws.

I had the same problem a couple years ago on my Honda Foreman. First the front left tire, then the right rear. I put slime tire sealant in all 4 tires and have not had another issue. If you can find a hole patch that first. I was going to buy some new tires also. And I will one of these days. However, for a hunting and fishing quad the tires I have get it done just fine.

I have a set of mud lite xtr's they are radials and they get very good in snow and mud. I don't like the feel of them on any other type of riding. That comes with radial tires the side walls are soft. I cover it up with over inflating the tires.

I have bear claws on my sons (2x4) they are working very go on his old moto 4. They are very heave ply tire.

Dan