• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

community scrape

jeff127

I just pulled the card from the camara at this scrape. The fighting stopped on the 8th and really no activity until the 14th when now multiple times a night the larger bucks are hitting and working the scrape still just before and after shooting hours. They are now also coming in solo There was some survey and field road regrading going on very near this spot which I assume was the reason for the slow down in activity. I think the pre rut is just around the corner.....

until the 14th when now multiple times a night the larger bucks are hitting and working the scrape still just before and after shooting hours. They are now also coming in solo .....

bucks checking scrapes at night mulitple nights in a row tells me search mode is just around the corner, then breeding.

and the fact that they are checking it just after and before light tells me their bedding area is close. good luck.

Here are a couple of recent pics on the 14th......pretty much same deer coming through as before. The other pics are two of the biggest ones I havent seen since velvet and hope they start coming around again soon!

IMG_0153_zpsddceaa1c.jpg

IMG_0120_zpscfab11f6.jpg

IMG_0019_zps0a2f501d.jpg

IMG_0035_zps969ae5e4.jpg

IMG_0326_zps03c9c9e7.jpg

Man this is making me jealous that I cant see your pics, for some reason I can only see about half of the pics posted. Anyone have any ideas of why this is? I tried updating my browser, but that didnt work...

Try clicking on where it says my stuff then click cookies at the bottom and then expire cookies and see if that helps. 2c

The action fizzled out due to dumptrucks dumping and driving by all day everyday and bobcat/grading work going on only 80 yards from this spot. I have been bowhunting this property at least 3 times a week since just before halloween and have been playing the most rediculous game of cat and mouse with some of the bucks I have on camara. I have 3 camaras by 3 stands and monitor them as I can. I have been getting photos of them during my hunts but ALWAYS by the stands I am not in.....very frustrating to say the least. I am in area 601 and am bordered by neighborhoods that have people feeding them and it literally sucks all the deer(does) out of the area after crops go out.

One wierd thing is I have a decent amount of fighting pics from all camaras on this property and I couldnt rattle up a buck to save my life.

I did find out the property is in the works to be sold and will be townhouses in a year or two. I have been sitting in some of these stands for 18 years and its gonna suck taking them down for the last time.

I will post some pics off the cameras when I pull the cards. I have been checking the pics lately with a portable viewer.

Sorry to hear that - such great excitement early on and then to have that happen! Why couldn't they start working next spring right? You've still got plenty of time though... the 2nd half of November is a great time to take a bruiser. Post up some pics for sure. Now that gun season is over, I'll be checking my cam again and hopefully post up some video as well.

Keep at it Jeff, the cat usually wins that game :-)

Do you think it's a done deal that the townhouses will take over the whole area? The reason I ask is because although it won't be a solid chunk of woods, there may still be some huntable areas left over that you could continue to use. You might be able to hear conversations from people on their deck or smell the bacon cooking in the morning but I bet the deer would still be there. Just a thought.... hard to have to give up a spot you've hunted for so long.

I have the luxury of t-camming a community scrape every year, same fighting and acting silly, in 3 years there's 21 different bucks at the same scrape location, sillyer yet is I've had my property for sale the entire time, I'm about ready to yank the sign and say forget that noise.