• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

12 Volt Timer Switch - For Bait Aerator

TruthWalleyes

I've got a few 3-4 day trips coming up, the weather this weekend will be very hot and i want to keep my bait alive in the boat for a few days.

I have a bilge pump aerator kit that i would like to run 5 to 10 minutes each hour. Is there a 12 volt switch that i can pick up in a store?

I'm finding mostly 110v and also 1/2 hour increments.

I know there are boats that have an aerator system that runs on a timer, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Just google "livewell timer switch" (without the quotes) and click "shopping" and you'll get plenty of responses, most of which range around 30 or 40 bucks. The most common setting seems to be 30 seconds on and 3 minutes off, which puts you at about 8.5 minutes of on time per hour. Atwood and rig rite both make them. There's also ones with variable off times up to 6 minutes or so.

Just google "livewell timer switch" (without the quotes) and click "shopping" and you'll get plenty of responses, most of which range around 30 or 40 bucks. The most common setting seems to be 30 seconds on and 3 minutes off, which puts you at about 8.5 minutes of on time per hour. Atwood and rig rite both make them. There's also ones with variable off times up to 6 minutes or so.

Wow, and it was just that easy!! I kept trying 12v timer switch figuring that "Livewell" would get me nowhere.

Thanks a bunch - I would rather have it cycle more often and that is exactly how these are setup!!

Thanks!!!