• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good crossbow recommendations?

chris63

you could go to an archery shop that will let you shoot them and see what ya like and decide how much you want to spend. or do what i did and read reviews and shop online and go from there setting it up.

there's a lot of good, brand-name bow "packages" out there now with hunting season coming up. prices range from a barebones bow for $200 to more than $2000 for a top-of-the-line bow package.

i got a barnett quad 400. i like my setup and have around 800 bucks in it with all the added accessories. if they are not included in a package, two things i would recommend getting would be a crank cocking device and a scope, plus a silencer kit. of course, you also need arrows, broadheads, case, etc.....

good luck. crossbows are fun to shoot.

i still hunt with a compound, but bought a crossbow a few years ago when it looked like illinois was going to lessen the restrictions on their use. didnt happen, but crossbows will be legal to use in illinois this year after the second shotgun season.

I guide for a group that takes out handi-capped archers every fall.

The bow most if not all say is the best out there is the Ten Point. Get one with a cocking device as they are hard to pull the string back. Scopes are also a added plus. They are one of the pricer crossbows out there.

I have seen some awesome shots with these bows.

I bought a Horton tis spring, dont know alot aout X-bows but this thing is silly sick, I'm very happy with it cant wait to wath my daugher slither a bear this year with it, Bear gods willing. Wat ever you get, you'l love it.

i bought a Horton a few years ago basicly for my dad so he could still deer hunt. started having problems getting up to his stand and the cold weather of rifle season kept him home. put him in my sherlter but that went for a couple of years and now i have it back. it also has the crank to set the arrow. put a red dot scope on it also. they are nice. good luck.