• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are the symptoms of Lymes disease?

x1957x

Symptoms of Lyme disease are often times confused with influenza, infectious mononucleosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.

Lyme Disease Symptoms

Headache

Chills and fever

Muscle and joint pain

Fatigue

Swollen lymph nodes

A red rash that resembles a bull's-eye

Later Symptoms (Weeks, Months, or Years After a Bite From an Infected Tick) Include:

Brief arthritic pain and swelling in larger joints, such as in the knee

Nervous system abnormalities, such as numbness, pain, partial paralysis of facial muscles, and meningitis

Irregular heart rhythm

There are also 2 relativly new diseases being spread by deer tick.

Don't mess around with this stuff get in and have a anti-body tests done for all tick bourne diseases!!!

I have this one-

Anaplasmosis is a disease caused by the bacterium Anaplasma phagocytophilium. This pathogen is transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected tick. The black-legged tick (Ixodes scapularis) is the vector of A. phagocytophilum in the northeast and upper midwestern United States. The western black-legged tick (Ixodes pacificus) is the primary vector in Northern California. The first symptoms of anaplasmosis typically begin within 1-2 weeks after the bite of an infected tick. A tick bite is usually painless, and some patients who develop anaplasmosis do not remember being bitten. The following is a list of symptoms commonly seen with this disease. However, it is important to note that few people with the disease will develop all symptoms, and the number and combination of symptoms varies greatly from person to person.

•Fever

•Headache

•Muscle pain

•Malaise

•Chills

•Nausea / Abdominal pain

•Cough

•Confusion

•Rash (rare with anaplasmosis)

Babesiosis

Many people who are infected with Babesia microti feel fine and do not have any symptoms. Some people develop nonspecific flu-like symptoms, such as fever, chills, sweats, headache, body aches, loss of appetite, nausea, or fatigue.

Because Babesia parasites infect and destroy red blood cells, babesiosis can cause a special type of anemia called hemolytic anemia. This type of anemia can lead to jaundice and dark urine.

Babesiosis can be a severe, life-threatening disease, particularly in people who:

do not have a spleen or whose spleen does not function normally;

have a weak immune system for other reasons (such as cancer, lymphoma, or AIDS);

have other serious health conditions (such as liver or kidney disease); or

are elderly.

Complications of babesiosis can include:

a low and unstable blood pressure;

severe hemolytic anemia (hemolysis);

a very low platelet count (thrombocytopenia);

disseminated intravascular coagulation (also known as “DIC” or consumptive coagulopathy), which can lead to blood clots and bleeding;

malfunction of vital organs (such as the kidneys, liver, lungs, and heart); or

death.

When I had my bout of Lymes disease, it started with a splotchy rash all over my chest and back. I had that for a week but it never itched or made me ucomfortable.

Then a week after I noticed the rash, I woke up one morning to go to work and my left wrist ached horribly. By noon my hand was paralyzed, I couldn't do anything with it, so my wife who is a lab tech told me to get to the ER, which I did.

After some blood tests, sure enough......Lymes disease. 2 month of doxycycliene sp? and knock on wood I haven't had any symptoms.

Brian

Mine was the inability to lift my arms over shoulder ht. The pain in my joints was intense. Doc checked me for Rhumetoid artheritis and Lyme disease... the lyme test came back with very high readings. almost 4 months of meds... she said I most likely had it for a while... of course I put off going to the doc until I absolutely have to. I couldn't take it any longer. Got bit 2 years later and within a day, had the 'bullseye' rash. Put back on meds for a month... I still have pain in both shoulders to this day but i can function. My doc said there is most likely damage in the joints from the disease. Nothing can be done to reverse that...

My buddy had anaplasmosis 2 years ago and was in critical condition in the hosp. from it. Comatose and catastrophic organ failure from it. 4 weeks in the hospital... he's back out there hunting, but is very careful in the woods now. His liver and kidney fnctions are still only 50% of what they should be.

Dang ticks!

Good Luck!

Ken

Just and FYI, I bought some Elimitick clothing from Gamehide, the last two years I've spent a total of 8 days sitting on the ground turkey hunting and have yet to pull a tick. It really is amazing stuff. The year before using regular clothing I had 10-15 ticks a day.