• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

g3 boats?

bgreen82

any insight on dependability, value, features etc with these boats? I'm beginning my initial search for a new boat which will probably/ hopefully end with one in 2-3 years. ideally I'd look primarily at Lunds or crestliners but cost will be a hindrance.

i picked up mine last week and can say the craftsmanship is far above that of my previous boat. an alumacraft. both of these boats were their entry level boats. old rig was an aluma 1648. new rig is a 1652 G3. tanked a deadhead on sat. night..... no dents. i could scratch the paint on my aluma with my fingernail.

Not sure I would consider a G3 boat an entry level boat or a "get you on the water" boat. I am on my 3rd G3 and hopefully my last. My current boat is a 185f, 150 hp 4 stroke yamaha. Top speed is 52 MPH, hole shot is about 4 seconds. Tube rod storage for 18 rods, 2 recirculating live wells, baitwell, lighted storage, bimini top, full wind shield, 4 speaker sound system, tilt steering, hydrulic seats, multiple 12 volt plugs, bunk trailer w led lights and brakes, etc. Everything a Lund is in quality but about $8000 cheaper. Total cost was around $35,000. I think people in Minnesota tend to think poorly of the brand because it's newer to our market.

Cheers!

G3 were initially a clone of the Alumacrafts Tournament Pro line (back in early 2000's). I am sure they have changed over the years, but with a start like that I would say they are good boats. I would have no prob driving one, and this from a guy with '97 alumacraft tp175 that still is rock solid and hits the water several times per week.

Good luck with whatever you chose.

If you were to travel down to Kentucky and Tennessee you would find the G3 is the choice of the anglers who want a metal boat. G3's are are all over the place, kind of like Lund is here in Minnesota. I'm a Lund diehard, but I've looked at G3's and I think they are a quality boat.