• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wedding reception places??

Hey everyone,

I am recently engaged and we are planning on actually getting married on the boat I work on in AK this summer, but we are planning a small renewal of the vows next spring and having the reception. We are looking for a fairly inexpesive and fairly casual, wouldn't even turn down outdoors. We are willing to take a look at any ideas that anyone has. Thank you so much for any information that can be provided.

Not saying this is your bag, but my daughter is getting married this fall, in my backyard. The reception/dance/party will also be in the back yard complete with horse shoes and a big arse bon-fire.

This is how we've rolled our whole lives. She said she wants it 'Classy redneck" so I promised I'll wear something with a collar and not the camo sleeveless t-shirt.

Nothing wrong with outside.

My wife and I were both married young in life and had the whole big wedding thing. We both wanted something simple the second time around. We rented a picnic shelter at our local state park and had our ceremony on the shore of the lake. Had a picnic style lunch cooked on the grill with some salads and a cake. Easy, elegant, cheap.

Not saying this is your bag, but my daughter is getting married this fall, in my backyard. The reception/dance/party will also be in the back yard complete with horse shoes and a big arse bon-fire.

This is how we've rolled our whole lives. She said she wants it 'Classy redneck" so I promised I'll wear something with a collar and not the camo sleeveless t-shirt.

Nothing wrong with outside.

grin Love This! grin

My fiance and I are trying to figure out what/where we are gonna have our reception as well, our original plan is her parents back yard 10+acres + sand volleyball court etc... But now it seems as if they have heard from so many other parents that they would never do it again (future mother in-laws concerns is that she would rather enjoy the reception with no worries rather than having to worry about everything being absolutely perfect cry In all honesty what your having Eric, sounds exactly what I would like.. I dont mind chops, pulled pork or other easy entrees vs the $15+ plates + venue costs

Now I'm back to square 1. So I will be keeping my eyes on this thread.

I'm willing to share our experience. We had a difficult time finding someplace we couls afford and also have it outside since that is what my wife wanted. Finally I remembered going to an outdoor wedding a few years earlier at a Bible camp near Morristown. It had a large open space, and below that was a natural bowl where they placed an altar that backed up to a tree lined shore. They had out buildings where we could change, and also had a basketball court and sand volleyball court. They allowed us to bring in a local store that did our catering, and even allowed us some champagne. They were really great to work with and gave us most of there space for only about $200. We called them up on our 5th anniversary and they had no problem letting us come out and have a picnic lunch with our son so we could show him where our wedding took place. I'd be happy to get you their contact info if you would like it...

eyes317

grin Love This! grin

My fiance and I are trying to figure out what/where we are gonna have our reception as well, our original plan is her parents back yard 10+acres + sand volleyball court etc... But now it seems as if they have heard from so many other parents that they would never do it again (future mother in-laws concerns is that she would rather enjoy the reception with no worries rather than having to worry about everything being absolutely perfect cry In all honesty what your having Eric, sounds exactly what I would like.. I dont mind chops, pulled pork or other easy entrees vs the $15+ plates + venue costs

Now I'm back to square 1. So I will be keeping my eyes on this thread.

My daughter is doing her wedding/reception at the Landing in St Anna, right on pelican lake. They have a nice area by the lake for an outside ceremony with the reception hall as a back up in case of poor weather. Food is pretty reasonable at less than $10 a plate and the other costs are up to you. You can choose to make it as fancy or casual as you'd like. I see you're from Rockville so thought this might be an option. Although I don't know where the original poster is from.

I have 2 daughters getting married in the next 18 months. eek

My daughter is doing her wedding/reception at the Landing in St Anna, right on pelican lake. They have a nice area by the lake for an outside ceremony with the reception hall as a back up in case of poor weather. Food is pretty reasonable at less than $10 a plate and the other costs are up to you. You can choose to make it as fancy or casual as you'd like. I see you're from Rockville so thought this might be an option. Although I don't know where the original poster is from.

I have 2 daughters getting married in the next 18 months. eek

Thanks Borch and Congrats! I always had a feeling that J was your daughter. She's around the same age as my fiance, but I saw her Turkey pictures last year and was thinking she had to be yours.

We will have to give the Landing a call, most places we've looked at plate's run between $12-$17 so thats sounds like a heck of a deal. Do you have any idea how many guests they plan on having?

Thanks Borch and Congrats! I always had a feeling that J was your daughter. She's around the same age as my fiance, but I saw her Turkey pictures last year and was thinking she had to be yours.

We will have to give the Landing a call, most places we've looked at plate's run between $12-$17 so thats sounds like a heck of a deal. Do you have any idea how many guests they plan on having?

Yeah, she's my middle child. I think she's trying to go smaller than her sister. But it will still be 250+ I'm sure.

Sorry about the late reply; I only check this forum occasionally and just saw the title again. The place we used is called Camp Omega between Morristown and Waterville.

Camp Omega

22750 Lind Avenue

Waterville, MN 56096

(507) 685-4266

They also have a HSOforum, just search for camp omega...

eyes317