• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye opener date

harvey lee

it has not been decided as of today, April 13. The legislature will be back in session on Monday and is supposed to be in session for two more weeks. They should decide in that timeframe what to do.

I believe what may happen is that a conference committee of Senate/House will meet and decide what to do regarding the Opener. If "yes" on the opener change it will be put in a bigger bill and depending on whatever else is in that bill the Governor may veto it or may sign it.

So...the answer is still maybe which is the same as "I think so." I guess when I proposed to my wife 17 years ago if she said maybe or I think so I wouldn't have gone to great lengths to plan anything further until I had a concrete "yes."

Just recieved a reply from The DNR. Legis passed this but still waiting to be voted on by the Senate and then the Gov needs to sign it also.

Probably will not know until the 1st of May.

Or June 1st wink

I think its all or nothing. I believe the bill includes lic. increases as well as moving up the opener for one year. I would bet it passes next week. For me it don't matter I have plans to go on the 14th with friends and we won't change that.