• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best clay thrower for the money?

I have no experience with the high end ones. What i did was take your 5 dollar hand thrower and drill some holes in the handle then go to the thrift store and buy a cheap golf club, cut the hitting end of the club off and attach it to the handle of the red thrower....

you have a nice handle from the golf club too. this way you can really get them movin!

I have the Champion Easy Bird thrower that holds 50 targets. The only thing I would like to add is a wobble and oscillating base so I could get random throws but I like it a lot. IMHO the build quality is higher than the other similar models sold at Gander, Cabelas etc.

I have the Champion Easy Bird thrower that holds 50 targets. The only thing I would like to add is a wobble and oscillating base so I could get random throws but I like it a lot. IMHO the build quality is higher than the other similar models sold at Gander, Cabelas etc.

+1 the oscillating option is nice that way you don't get a jump on them by knowing where their going every time.

About seven years ago I purchased a Do-all automatic trap thrower. It took a call to customer service and about 3 trips to the range to get it going. It puts a lot of speed on the target and worked great for the first season. Next season it started acting up and would not cycle the throwing arm to the launch position. I returned that unit to Cabela's and traded up to an Atlass. I had to make some accesories such as a stand and a remote foot operated switch myself. It isn't the same speed as the Do-all but it has been reliable.

I tried the foot operated radio remote from Do-all but gave up on it. Needed to have all the antennas up off the ground to get a consistant signal.

The Do-all was about $400 and the Atlass about twice as much after shipping.

For practising crossing targets by yourself or shooting targets coming straight in this is the easist and safest way there is.

Read the product reviews with a grain of salt as most peoople who spend a couple hundred bucks don't like to admit getting a lemon.