• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"TRAIL REPORT"

leech~~

Since we are starting to get some snow. I thought it may be a good time to start a state wide Trail report. Please add reports of snow depth or trail conditions. Anyone one can post even if your just out fishing or driving down the road and see a bunch of sledders enjoying themselves. wink

We want to know where the snow is. Thanks. smile

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Leech.

I saw 1 groomer out yesterday, we've been getting snow on and off all week this week, as I've said before, we did have snow here from a previous storm a few weeks ago.

I would suspect if we get the snow they are forecasting for Sunday into Monday and the following next few days, more groomers will be out next week. The fields will be a little rough with some traffic on them but the ditchs should be respectable depending on how much snow we do get.

Temps look favorable too!

Mike

A blog post from the Int'l Voyageurs Club in I. Falls - ridetheborder.com

O.k. here's my story. The boss (my wife) convinced me to take a vacation day (Thursday - 2/23) to go riding. We left the house at 9, took the Hagerman to Rainy Lake, rode the Kettle Falls, over to Crane Lake, trailed to Ash Trail and laked it back home.It was awwwwesome. So my advice is to shut off the T.V. get off the couch and get out there and ride. Remember though, watch your speed and be safe.

Weatherman predicting 6-12" of snow for Brainerd north starting Sunday morning I really hope he's wrong like most of the time and we get 24"!!!! grin

mr

Some models are showing a possible good storm (12+) Tue/Wed in northern MN...a little early yet though to really know.

I'd say we are sitting at about 5ish inches or so, tough to tell with the wind but the ditches are filling up.

Another shot at heavy snow Tuesday and another one predicted for the end of the week / weekend.

Maybe after a winter to remember..... this might be a spring to remember?!?! shocked

Mike

Multiple models are showing 14-16"+ at this point through central MN for Tuesdays storm!

Sorry for highjacking the trail report....

Snow reports are part of this thread. You can't have trails without snow. Thanks for the update! wink

Yesterday (Sunday) before the little fluff they got in Crosslake area, there was enough to get out, and the ditches had enough to make a guy a bit happy smile but still not much. Hopefully that dumping we are hearing talk about will happen tonight and tomorrow!!! I have all 11 of my fingers crossed and even have my dogs paws crossed! wink

These are what a couple of the latest models show. I took Monday off and am heading up to Perham with my FIL Saturday morning when he goes home to get in some riding. Have to see where the storm actual tracks but we will be heading somewhere on Sunday.

Mike, how are the trails up by you after the last storm? I didn't realize where you were from, but we rode in that area last year...Rode up from Perham over to DL and up to the White Earth area and grabbed a bite to eat on Elbow lake.

full-3806-18114-2_28nam.png

full-3806-18115-2_28gfs.png

Hemi,

Not much going on around here right now since the last storm, usually the groomers run on Thursdays around here and I would imagine that will be the case after this next storm.

If you're wondering about the Naytahwaush area, I would call one of the resorts out there, I have no idea what schedule their groomers run on.

The good thing is that the area around here has a base so the riding should be good for a week or 2.

Mike

full-3806-18114-2_28nam.png

full-3806-18115-2_28gfs.png

Oh man, if this ends up being accurate my house is sitting right in that dark red circle grin And I have thursday off, bummer winkwink Guess I better get some extra gas for the blower today too.

Sled is all ready to go for the Burntside Bash this weekend, but if this pans out like they are saying I'll be spending the whole weekend on the trails instead!!!

Currently getting a few light flurries here on top of the hill in Duluth.