• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mission Bows, Quest Bows, Others?

Bowfin

Retiring my 20 year old "Golden Eagle" and aluminum arrows and looking for a new, solid, low maintenance, mid-price range bow for hunting. Boy, have bows and arrow speed changed over the last 20 years. In the last couple days, I've shot a Mission Archery Venture (by Matthews), Quest Outlaw (by G-5), and Diamond Rouge. The Mission and Quest felt best. A complete package would be just under $700 which is maxing my price range.

Before this weekend I've never heard of Mission Archery or Quest. Anyone have any experience or feedback on these bows or company service? I am leaning toward the Mission Venture at this point. Any other suggested brands to try?

I have a Mission Bow for my daughter and a good friend of mine who is an avid bowhunter uses a Mission Venture. I don't know much about the Quest.

All of the bows you listed are a mid-range bow mad eby top end companies. They offer those bows in a price point that suits a lot of people. They are still top notch in technology, they just lack some of the finish quality or top end components of the high end bows. That is not a negative. They just don't have the top technology in the mid range bows.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing by trying some different bows. FInd one you like and go from there.

If you like some of the Diamond line try the gander Tech series they they are made by bowtech for gander. Also don't over look the bear line of bows. As always it will come down to shoot a bunch and pick the one in your budget that shoots and feels the best for you. I really don't think their is a bad bow on the market it's just the top end ones have the top of line technology. 2c

I do try and stray away from the newer manufactures till they have been around a bit. It's hard to tell the quality of the product and customer service.

Mission are made by Mathews and are a nice product. If you are into this, I think all or some of the proceeds go for mission work in the world. Matt McPhearson is a very faithful guy. As most guys know, Mathews makes good stuff.

Diamond is made by Bowtech, another quality company. I almost bought a diamond a few years ago when there Marquis came out. My thoughts are that you can't go wrong with one. Fast and smooth drawing.

If I am not mistaken, Quest (G5) took over the Ross line a few years ago. Ross bows were fairly popular for awhile and the Cardiac was known for a smooth draw and good speed. A lot of guys still love their Cardiacs. I think G5 is a good company and probably make a good product.

i picked up a quest primal last year. G5 is the company behind quest, well known for their broadheads, sights, rests, etc. Really cool bow, solid all around, very well put together. I havent looked at the newer ones they came out with but I would bet they are just as good. As far as a new company, I dont think G5 is going anywhere soon...

I believe that "split limb, out of tune" issue is a thing of the past. They've pretty much got that down now.

Yup the got that figured out,that's why you see the design like the bowtech general with the support towards the cam this keeps both limps flexing the same and prevents the cam from leaning.

Thanks for the feedback. Its a great help in getting up to speed with the latest bow technology. Seems like bows are getting shorter. The Venture is just 30.25" axle to axle. Are there any negatives with a bow this short? Accuracy? It would be nice shooting out of my ground blind with a bow this short.

I bought the Mission Venture this fall, and I love it. It's very fast accurate and quiet. Not to mention the price was reasonable for a brand new bow. I like that it is short axle to axle. Makes for easier shooting out of a blind, and easier to sneak through the woods without snagging as many branches.

The only problem with the short axle to axle is they are less forgiving and with the sitting in the blind and goofy position you have to get into for a shot sometimes it can make a big difference. The only bow I have ever ran into problems shooting out of the blind was my recurve.Take the longer ATA and shorter ATA and shoot them out of the blind and you will hardly notice a difference. I have taken a lot of animals with the bow and have never had a problem where the bow was to tall to make the shot. 2c

All the new bows are nice but if the regulations change to primitive ways like they might for muzzleloaders, then you will need a recurve. Maybe even cedar arrows instead of aluminum or carbon. Just a thought, no releases either.