• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Act of Valor

fishuhalik

I was wondering about that as well.

I was thinking they may alter their appearance somehow. I'm sure they have tricks they can use.

I was also wondering if every part was filled with active duty SEALs or if just a few more minor parts. Or if maybe the SEALs they used are no long front line type guys where their identity doesn't need to be guarded any more.

i watched a featurette on youtube & they're active duty. their names arent in the credits. wikipedia said the movie has the highest budget ever with an unknown cast, kinda funny. either way, i'm really looking forward to watching it!

saw it a few days ago. wow, i highly recommend it. the acting wasnt the greatest (not bad, just not awesome) due to the fact that they used military personel & not "real" actors but i'll look past it. great action, great plot, & really makes you wanna think again about keeping our borders safe! also a great reminder of what not only the men in service go through but also their families back home

Going this weekend. Can't wait! They had an ex-SEAL on KFAN this morning who went and saw it and gave a review. He said it's completely accurate and while all the missions in the movie support the plot, they're basically re-creations of actual SEAL missions right down to the small details. The most intriguing part of his comments were that, while the scenes we're accurate, they only show about 10% of the tactics and weaponry that they utilized in those missions because it's so top-secret. They're real SEALs all the way through... The guy on the radio knew a lot of the guys in the movie.

I also saw it last week. yeah that boat scene was insane. I thought it was a really good movie. I am glad they are on our side! Kind of scarey knowing that those wack jobs are out there trying to get in and blow us up...

You will sleep better after seeing the movie grin

If it were regular actors, it would be just another action movie. But the actual SEALs and reality-based tactics, missions, etc. make it completely worth the money.

And it's not like the acting was horrible, either. Let's put it this way, the SEALs were better actors than ANY actor living or dead would be at being a Navy SEAL. HA HA.

You will sleep better after seeing the movie grin

If it were regular actors, it would be just another action movie. But the actual SEALs and reality-based tactics, missions, etc. make it completely worth the money.

And it's not like the acting was horrible, either. Let's put it this way, the SEALs were better actors than ANY actor living or dead would be at being a Navy SEAL. HA HA.

This sums it up pretty well.

Saw it yesterday.

One of the better movies I've seen in a long long time. If you have not seen it yet, go see it.

I love the interrogation on the boat scene...."Here's the deal chief. Your world is now different. This boat? Not yours anymore. You used to be rich, now you're broke. You getting what I'm saying? You say you love your family? Here's a little video of them. Just thought I'd show it to you."

Priceless.