• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CRX 32

not_nuf_time

Hi, need some help, been debating for months on buying a new bow. Its come down to the CRX 32 and the Maxxis 31, tried the crx and liked it at the time I tried it. Now have an opportunity to buy a 2011 loaded crx 32 for 600.00. after doing the research on inet on both maxxis and crx I hear some negatives on the valley and wall and harshness of the crx. Now I'm fifty and the shoulders arent as limber as used to be, so I'm alittle nervous about going with the crx. So I'm hoping some of you that have either of these two can give me some input, really apprieciatte(sp) it. thx

Not_nuf_time,

I shot the CRX and really wasn't in love with it. Just like you said, the draw cycle didn't feel good to me at all. I shot both the Maxxis 31 and 35 and much prefered the draw cycle of the 35. FYI- I'm a fan of longer bows, so my opinion is biased in that regard. That bias isn't about draw cycle- to me, that's more objective than the reasons I have a bias towards longer bows. So regardless of my bias, the draw cycle of the 35 felt a lot better to me. That being said, both the Maxxis 31 and 35 are sweet shooters.

Be sure to check out HSOList for Hoyt Maxxis 35.

Wow, thanks for the quick responses. I do shoot a Hoyt right now, but it was the first real bow I've had so I didn't notice the valley being short. Thanks Scoot for the offer but I have a preference to the shorter bows. keep the rely coming any advice is good, unless it's bad advice. wink

I have a crx and a element,, yes back wall isn't as solid as the 2012... I have no exp with the old maxxis...

once you get used to it your golden..

I actually shhot my 2011 element better then the new rkt element.. but thats cause

i m so used to it...

keep in mind if you cheat a little she going to wanna take off.

makes for better form, but in the heat of the moment, one can only tell.......

good luck, sounds like a pretty good price depending on acc's

I have shot a Hoyt Vectrix XL for the last 4 years. I really like the smooth draw of the Vector cam and 1/2 system, but the valley is kind of short on it. I am 49 w/ bad shoulders also so it hurts when it does want to take off on me. I bought a Maxxis 35 this winter and like the back wall on it better. If you are familiar with Bill Winke at all (Midwestwhitetail.com) he said the Maxxis had a more comfortable back wall than the CRX did.

Went to Bwana's to test some bows last Saturday. Tested a 2010 Hoyt Maaxis 31, a 2011 Hoyt CRX and a 2011 Bowtech Assassin. Out of the three, all set at about 60 lbs, I liked the feel, balance, draw cycle and shot of the CRX the most. I liked the feel of the Maaxis in my hand, but the shot wasn't quite as smooth as the CRX. The draw and balance of the Assasin was good, the bow is wicked fast, but as expected, the "aftershock" of the shot was more than I wanted.

I'm gonna test the 2012 Hoyt Vector 32 and see if I like that, but not until somebody has this in left hand with my draw length. I wanted to try the 2012 Carbon Element w/RKT cam, but their only lefty didn't have the right cam components for my draw length.

If anyone knows or owns a shop with a 2012 Carbon Element RKT or 2012 Vector 32 in LH that can be set to 27" - let me know. I have to try these two before deciding on which bow I want to buy. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

1EyeRed

you need to head over to A-1 archery. They had a close out on 2011 bows and have one left handed bow left(Carbon Element). Think they were 889. If they do not have any left over. They do have the 2012 Elements in. . I just picked up the Carbon Element.

I just sold my 2010 Maxxis- it's a rock solid bow IMO. Mine was easy to tune and it was a tack driver. It's a very nice combo of quiet and pretty fast- I was shooting very quiet and pushing a 450+ grain arrow at exactly 300 fps (29.5" drawlength and set at 68 lbs).