• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IT'S WHITE OUTSIDE !!!!

MN Mike

FINALLY!

It's the more than a dusting this time, 2 maybe 3 inches....... I'll take it grin

Looking like the Mountains are finally putting it in gear again too.

The mountains near Cooke City are in a league of their own where snowfall can be measured in feet instead of inches. In the past 48 hours, nearly 2 feet of snow has fallen (2” of SWE). Even though the snowpack in this area is much stronger than the rest of the advisory area, this amount of snow will find any weakness in the snowpack and produce an avalanche. More snow will come today with strong winds, and avalanches will certainly break within the new snow. Other avalanches will break deeper in the snowpack on a few slopes. Today all wind loaded slopes have a HIGH avalanche danger. The few slopes not affected by the wind have a CONSIDERABLE avalanche danger.

Mike

Monticello received barely enough to make some of the ground white....(still see the grass) looks like mid 30's to 40's this weekend.....cold early in the week....and then back up into the mid 30's to low 40's by the following weekend. frown

I was looking forward to year #2 with owning a sled....year #1 was a blast.....however, I know this is breaking my brother in laws heart this year as he just went out and pulled the trigger on a new AC F8 sno pro limited edition....I don't know how many miles he's put on it pretending to ride it in the garage the last month. I just chuckle and tell him it's all his fault as he jinxed us.

Well bought a brand new sled 2 years ago. This is my 3rd season with it. 1st had a blast. Last year got screwed because of [PoorWordUsage] work. So I was looking forward to this year since I've been getting off work at 2:20 everyday and it is prolly my last mn winter for years to come since the fiance is going to get her PhD I'm going with her. Needless to say I'm quite bummed with this winter. Even ice fishing is not even safe, they are pulling ppl out of the drink daily.

I drove up through Twin Valley, MN tonight and actually saw people SNOWMOBILING on trails. They have about 6" of snow up there, and the Rail Road Grade that runs a long why 32 should be rideable but crappy. Finally felt like winter. How much snow in Winger?

it is prolly my last mn winter for years to come since the fiance is going to get her PhD I'm going with her.

Dude two things.

1) You have to follow the money! Once "sugar Mama" makes enough maybe she will send you to Cooke city with MN Mike! grin

2) You aren't married yet! whistle

Opp's 3) After thought. How much do you want for your sled when you go? laugh

I drove up through Twin Valley, MN tonight and actually saw people SNOWMOBILING on trails. They have about 6" of snow up there, and the Rail Road Grade that runs a long why 32 should be rideable but crappy. Finally felt like winter. How much snow in Winger?

I'd say we are sitting at about the same amount, maybe a little more snow towards the Erskine area from the looks of it.

Buzzed around the yard a few times yesterday, going to tow the sled to Union Lake and make a few laps and hopefully not get wet!!!

Good wet heavy snow, just what we need to make a good base, temps look like they are getting warm again next week, hope the snow hangs in there!

Mike

Once "sugar Mama" makes enough maybe she will send you to Cooke city with MN Mike! grin

PERFECT! We always get a kick out of bringing new people out there and letting gravity do it's thing grin

4 feet of new snow over the last 2 - 3 days in Cooke!

This should get your blood pumping.....

full-623-15661-cooke2012a.jpg

full-623-15662-cooke2012.jpg

Hey Leech, I had the sleds out on the lake last weekend! Not much snow, but enough that bunch of people, and us, were able to zip around. The trail to the lake (I on too steep a hill to go direct) was not ideal, but enough for trip down and trip back. Probably 2-3 inches, and ice was slick under it, but after it got packed down it got the blood pumping again, haha!

Haha! Yep, had three sleds and an atv out there, with 3 shacks and about a hundred kids... okay, only 4 and a bunch of friends for New Years, but the kids (young and grown kids!) burned up plenty of fuel in the sleds.

My toy box is getting full. Nothing is "new" but all are running and no payments, so that is a plus laugh

Dude two things.

1) You have to follow the money! Once "sugar Mama" makes enough maybe she will send you to Cooke city with MN Mike! grin

2) You aren't married yet! whistle

Opp's 3) After thought. How much do you want for your sled when you go? laugh

Well.... money is one thing, but shes getting her PhD completely paid for and getting paid to go at the same time. So with her getting paid to go and no school bills im hoping to go back to school full time and finally get the mechanical engineering degree ive been part time trying to get and work at the same time. I haven’t exactly had that option before with the economy the way its been lately.

On the bright side, she loves mountains and is applying to a bunch of schools out west and wants to go to a school in Colorado the most. Which would be great cuz my cousin has a cabin in CO that they keep their sleds at. So looks like it may be new sled time…… MOUNTAIN SLED TIME! Lol.

MN Mike, those pictures do get my blood pumping. Maybe some day ill be able to head to places like that or meet up there.

Good luck with your future plans Stifler! Just remember if / when you get situated in Colorado, Leech and I are open to invites grin Guest Houses and / or a cabin in the high country work just fine for lodging blush and work schedules are subject to change by heavy snowfall laugh

Mike

Good luck with your future plans Stifler! Just remember if / when you get situated in Colorado, Leech and I are open to invites grin Guest Houses and / or a cabin in the high country work just fine for lodging blush and work schedules are subject to change by heavy snowfall laugh

Mike

Ummm, sounds like an outstanding idea there old chap! I may have to rent a sled because I'm not sure how much "high marking" I will be doing with my 550 136" track? But I am always welling to try! grin Stifler, maybe she should go to Mich Tech for her PHD. They get a ton of lake effects snow in that area of the UP every year! wink

I think we will get some snow this year, probably not near what we have been use to the last few though, I just hope we don't get it in late March and April.

This winter will be one for the books, for sure! frown

I did manage to get 30 miles on the sled so far smile

Mike

MN Mike. Thanks and ill have to see where next year bring me, i may need a group to ride with. Im hoping she gets into CO. She did research out there this past summer and i headed out there twice. Gotta say i do love the area.

Leech. She did apply for UP of Mich school and an upstate prep school in new york both places that get Lake Effect Snow. smile