• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new house!!!

BehindtheHead

got alot done on the house today. picked up welder parts, stove pipe, hinges, and other stuff. i had a heater that i liked but had to be maderfied, moved the exhaust from the back to the side so the heater is narrower, makes the hole bigger. alot of welding today, everything yesterday was just tacked.

kind of a upside down pic, but shows the seat frame and part of the door frame.

1209112002c.jpg

the hole is the part frathest toward the camera. heater sits next to the hole on the left side. door is on the far left corner and the seat is on the right far side.

1209112002.jpg

a fue more pieces to weld on saturday and then put the aluminum sheeting on. then off to get spray foamed.

more pics to come.

I know it would not be cheap, it is fantastic looking! I can imagine the time and effort you have put into this, as well as the cost of materials. Welding aluminum is a nitch in itself, one I have never been able to master. I might be able to make one out of steel lol. Look forward to seeing the final pics. Awesome job once again.

Kettle

had a major disaster last night. i worked untill midnight getting it ready for sprayfoam. the guy that was going to do it for me made a exception for me and was going to do it today sunday. then i would put the final touches on it monday.

i loaded it in the truck saturday night at about 1/2 and got half mile down the road. the house must have slid one way or the other and the strap came unhooked. it took off like a piece of paper out of the box. one of thoes moments in life when you think to yourself "this must be a dream, i will wake up". something you have been dreaming up for over a year. smashed up.

the worst of the damage is the aluminum siding. and at 45 bucks a sheet its getting re used. i used 3m tape like they use on newer semi tralers to stick the siding on. i didnt want screws showing. the tape held well but when the framing twisted on impact some of it let loose and skidded on the tar. 2 sides and the roof came off. and ground down one corner of the house before it stopped. the framing im not worried to much about. the roof is 3" out of square now but this aluminum tweeks fairly easely and will be straightened.

couldnt work on it today because i had to finish the chisels up. so that twisted box staired at me all day when i was in the shop. also had no aluminum wire left to weld so i have to pick some up in the morning.

o ya and to top yesterday off my little cousin knocked my hat off the bench into a pail of oil.

eekeek

depending on how things go tommorow i could have it ready to go up north tuesday morning with no insulation that is. but by the looks of the forcast i dont think i will be needing any insulation.

eather way it wont be the last aluminum house i build. im getting very good at welding it and my uncle is gracious enough to let me use his shop.

Thats a bummer Matt. at least you will be able to repair and use it .

One of the houses I had built a couple years ago ( it was at the Ice Show this year for a MDAA display) went for that smae kind of ride last year on the last day of spearing season. The guy that owns it told me the story and I drop my jaw because to look at it you would have never known that it did that.