• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone ever seen this picture? v2.0

LightningBG

My dad sent this too me in an email. Not sure how old it is or if its ever been posted up here, but it sure looks painful.

full-27123-14572-att00001.png

Bow Hunting In A Store

This photo was taken on a cell phone last week after the guy took his

Friend to Bass Pro Shop to buy his first bow. The clerk was 'assisting'

Him in zeroing it in, and, after shooting several arrows, making

Adjustments etc., the clerk accidentally handed him an arrow that was too

Short.

When he drew back, the arrow tip fell down onto his hand and he somehow

Released it. They rode to the hospital with the bow in his buddy's hand

Because it impaled his finger also! They are both archery amateurs (I'm

Thinking the clerk is also?). I don't think the guy who got shot ever

Had held a bow prior, let alone shoot one...OUCH!

110% Real.

The reason there isn't much blood is because the arrow has sealed everything. Hence why they say, if you get stabbed with something, leave it in the wound. When you take it out is when the blood really starts flowing and could kill you.

How it happened??

It is plausible that he was handed a short arrow. But in my opinion this is a result in a defective/broken arrow.

You should always check your arrows for nicks and cracks. Just like a fishing rod. If it has a nick in it or a crack, its likely to break. In a bows case there is so much force that it causes the arrow to explode.

Its a pretty common thing. Makes you think about where you get your arrows smile Go to google and do a image search for arrow in hand. You will see its pretty common wink

I wonder if my friends will still laugh at me for shooting aluminum arrows still after they see those images wink

This happened to my Mom when I was pretty young. My first bow was a recurve and I was shooting cedar arrows in the front yard. While the cedar arrows were strong enough to withstand the minimal amount of force my short draw length gave them, it wasn't the same story when my mom drew back and let one fly. The arrow snapped and sent the shaft into the back of her hand and came out between her pinky and ring finger on her palm. She rode to the ER with the arrow still implanted in her hand. My Dad accidently hit the arrow a few times on the way to the hospital while shifting the manual transmission. I don't think we have any pictures, but I know the hospital took some.

Man ouch, my only bow injury story my mom shot her sister in the stomach after their dad made them practice shoot bow and arrow, neither wanted to learn the art of bow and arrow, sister fired went to the target and then stood about 30 yards away on a hill to the left of the target, mom pulls back I guess and drills her in the belly, to top it off my aunt was pregnant for heavens sake, I asked my mom why would grandpa want her shooting a bow and arrow while pregnant many years after the fact, she had no clue. Thankfully the arrow didn't penetrate her stomach, we give my cousin some grief of course as to why he's so messed up which he isn't.

Nearly the exact same thing happened to a member of our archery club about a month ago. He accidentally bumped his release while drawing and fired an arrow into a wooden board. He couldn't get it out, so he broke it off, making it about three inches shorter than it should have been. While shooting his next round he forgot about the broken arrow, which he'd put in his quiver. He drew the arrow back, it came off the back of the rest, he realized it and panicked. He tried to quickly let his draw down, but the arrow settled on the back of his hand/wrist before he let the draw down. The broken end of the arrow shaft sliced easily through his wrist and hand and really messed him up. Bad deal...