• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Son's first squirrel

mws4dux

My son Hunter and I went out hunting on sunday.We saw many squirrels but we waited for a good shot.After about an hour a fox squirrel was heading his way.It jumped onto a downed log 15 yds. away. I helped Hunter get into position.He pulls the trigger and down goes his first squirrel.He was so excited and shaking.It sure did bring back memories of my youth.2011-10-23150557.jpg

Great pic! Am excited to get out and do this with my son next year. Can't wait to show him this picture, think he'll get excited too. I'm not very good at recognizing what guns are, so do you mind if I ask what gun you have and if you recommend it, I'll be buying a gun in the next few months that my son and I can small game hunt with. Thanks.

Thanks for all the comments.... 79lumacraft the gun is an over under 410. Hunter won it at a banquet. Hunter is seven so the gun is a little heavy. He uses shooting sticks and logs for rests. I bought him a youth model 11-87 20 gauge for turkeys,he shoots that with a rest and loves it.He practices with low base shells and when it was time to hunt he used a turkey load.He shot a jake last spring.I load it with one shell thats it.The auto is heavier but has alot less recoil.