• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buzz Sticks or Bust Sticks?

SWMuskeye

Alright,

I've almost thought of purchasing this gimmick. Does someone have a testament to prove that they actually work?

I know the rod quality seems poor at best, but I really like the way the action looks.

I would think that this rod would work great with a nuclear ant, shrimpo or ratso, but I am still skeptical.

Who out there gave in to the gimmick and had success with it?

-MB

Here's my two cents:
Great concept, I think that the consistent subtle bouncing motion would be deadly on sunnies, they love that kind of motion, however, you lose all feel and sensitivity! It's a great idea fighting the most important aspect of ice fishing!
Just my two cents!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]

Spend the equivilent amount of money on a real nice standard, do-it-yourself, outfit and the money that you'd put into batteries you can throw into a quality line. Use your hand for giving it action and your finger can be tapped on the rod for vibration and this way you appear to be fishing ....not being electrcuted lol.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

I own a buzz stick and am not impressed. In contrast to other posts, I think it is a decent quality rod, but the action really does nothing. The vibration is too "fine", meaning it doesn't buzz in a big enough motion. Even with a waxworm on a glow ant, I can't even see my hook move, or vibrate at all. I also had to use black tape to hold on the yellow button (battery cover), because it kept falling off. Seems like a decently sensetive rod though.

I have heard both good and bad about them.

Good- they seem to work OK in shallow water, 15' or less. The deeper you go, the less wiggling action on your jig.

Bad- The battery cover comes off real easy. Some of the guys are taping them on so they won't fall off.

[This message has been edited by Skeets (edited 01-08-2004).]

I have one and I do think it was worth the money I put out for it. It works great on the bluegills in the lakes that I fish. Get a fish on the flasher ,hang your bait just over its head , press the button and your rod is bent in 30 seconds. I dont usualy spend that kind of money on thigs like this,but am glad I did this time.