• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Softest recoil: Super Vinci or Maxus? Who has shot both?

If anyone has shot BOTH the Super Vinci and the Maxus I'd like to hear which is the softest shooting. I have a bad shoulder and am looking to cut down on the recoil from my SBE.... Both guns weigh exactly the same, both seem to handle well, but I've never shot the SV.

No guesses or hunches, please. I want to know who has shot both.

Thanks much!

I think you should try to shoot both yourself before buying. Felt recoil is very subjective. One persons soft shooter will kick hard to another man. All things being equal a gas gun should kick less but again, it's all subjective.

I have shot both, and just my personal fit to the gun how smooth it felt shooting made me prefer the Browning. Again, this is just my feelings on the two, so it really means little to another shooter. Sorry, I just noticed you said super Vinci too, I have only the regular Vinci to judge by. I feel getting to know your gun by patterning and shooting it regularly is a better option then a 3.5 inch shell just because its bigger, but thats a whole different debate.

Thanks Smilin Bob, I don't think the Super Vinci will be much different than the Vinci, so that's probably a good assessment.

Benelli says they have the least felt recoil, whatever that is.

They also have the least parts!

But the Maxus appears to be a huge improvement over ANY other gas operated ever. Really nice.

The problem is, where does the average guy get a chance to shoot multiple gun mfgs?

WT.......missed ya again this weekend. Only had one day off so I stuck close to home. I seen an ad in the Outdoor News that Reeds was having a "Try before you buy" on Browning and Benelli shotguns. Prolly other mfg too....not sure. I know Strieffs in Warroad has an event "Waterfowl days". Usually have reps on hand. Gonna fish the bass tourney in morson this wkd. Maybe see ya Labor day wkd!