• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN to FM?

LMITOUT

PA is so boring without Puffy. It was a fun, joking and hip show back in the day. They had some crazy opinions on things but one usually called the other one out when he was too out there. Now PA just blabs his thoughts and there isn't anyone there with the nuts to counter him or to keep it interesting. PA's almost as bad as Chad Hartman now. He relays too heavily on guest's thoughts opinions. I would almost rather listen to Saturdays with Sauce....almost.

Meat Sauce is growing on me. Don't always agree with his thoughts on various sports "takes", but who do you agree with 100% of the time? Too much baseball talk for my tastes as I despise baseball, but I do like the flow of the show for the most part and some of the non-sports discussions. Kinda interesting to see them give a show to such a new guy and I guess that's what I like about his show. It's not so structured and the same ol' same ol' that you get every day of the week with the other shows.

Not sure where his show will go when Gophers football starts up, though, but it's not something that I look forward to listening to every week so it doesn't really matter much...it fills in the midday on Saturday and is more than tolerable. Better than ESPN or Fox radio by a mile, and if nothing else is good for background noise. smile

Common used to be better when his show was only two hours but now it's just too long and he just doesn't have the pep like he used to. I won't listen after 2pm when Dark Star comes on. Once again, too much inside baseball talk, although his voice on FM should be fabulous. crazy

I like to listen to PA when he has Paul Charchian on the show. I like Charch on Fantasy Football weekly. (On a side note, I was walking in DT Mpls two years ago and passed Charch on the street. He was accompanied by a very top heavy, surgically enhanced lady. He clearly out-kicked the coverage grin)

Meat Sauce is growing on me.

Used to love the Common Man. Many years later, it is the same tired bits everyday.

I also used to like Danny B. However, he is so full of himself that I can't stand it. He has to be an expert on everything. His show died when he lost the levity of Mr. Phunn.

I really miss Sludge and Lake on weeknights.

The outdoors program is a love/hate for me. I enjoy the fact they have outdoors programming. Nevertheless, I lost a ton of respect for "The Captain" during the state shutdown. He was telling his listeners to call the legislature, but wouldn't mention the governor. He even got called out on it and still wouldn't mention the governor. Is it that he doesn't want to upset the DNR commissioner or is it his loyalty to Education Minnesota?

KTLK will stay on FM as well at 102.5

http://www.ktlkfm.com/pages/switch/

For listeners of Twin Cities News Talk:

You will have several options to listen to your favorite shows! Twin Cities News Talk will now be heard on 102.5 FM, 1130 AM and online/mobile via iHeartradio!

KTLKFM.com will now become TwinCitiesNewsTalk.com! Please update your bookmarks!

Our social media pages will be rebranded as Twin Cities News Talk with updated links. Check back for the new links.

For listeners of KFAN:

The FAN will jump to the FM dial, available on 100.3 FM. You'll still be able to listen online/mobile via iHeartradio, too!

KFAN.com will remain The FAN's HSOforum. No changes necessary!

Our social media pages will remove any mention of AM 1130. Check back for the new links.

NOTE: This will NOT affect the signals on any of our FAN Radio Network affiliates. You'll still be able to listen to FAN programming on AM through these stations.

The outdoors program is a love/hate for me. I enjoy the fact they have outdoors programming. Nevertheless, I lost a ton of respect for "The Captain" during the state shutdown. He was telling his listeners to call the legislature, but wouldn't mention the governor. He even got called out on it and still wouldn't mention the governor. Is it that he doesn't want to upset the DNR commissioner or is it his loyalty to Education Minnesota?

Billy's son and co-host work for the DNR. That's too bad, because there was plenty of blame to go around.

I got back from Colorado in mid-August and turned on the FAN and was like, what the heck? Obama bashing on the FAN? Finally figured something was up and hit scan. The score 690 is gone too. It's some non-English station now.

Agree with a lot of takes on the different 'FAN hosts. Some days and some programs are better than others.

anyone else having issues with kfan via iHeartRadio? I have had it set to my favorites for a long time, never had an issue even after the AM to FM switch.

Now today it keeps defautling to KFAM AM1270 Rochestor's Sports Leader?

Same here, getting it out of Rochester.

Does anyone know if the SCORE moved to another station? I miss Jim Rome.

Glad to hear I am not the only one.

I am a big Rome fan also, what I did was just go to his webpage and get a list of all his affiliates and add them as favorites. We have a station that carries it locally but it doesnt work on streaming via my phone. So I usually end up listening to Rome via what ever station I can get it on via iHeart or TuneInRadio

Does anyone know if the SCORE moved to another station? I miss Jim Rome.

Clear Channel sold or gave that frequency to some company or community access group and they are broadcasting in a language that I didn't understand so it is no longer a preset on my radio dial. I pressed "one" for English but it didn't help. smile

Jim Rome is gone. frown

I used to listen to him quite a bit but lost interest a while back, then when I tried to tune in recently I didn't "get" all the bits between him and the Clones, along with the battles between the regulars.

The Smack Off was awesome and I would try to listen if I happened to catch when it was going to be on, but didn't understand the smack between them since I wasn't a regular listener anymore. If you keep up with the show it can be hilarious. Jay Mohr used to have some good takes back in the day when he was on the show too. There is a HSOforum with the audio of the previous Smack Offs, who won, etc. Funny stuff.

I guess if I had to choose between Dan Patrick and Jim Rome I'd take Rome. Patrick is too boring.

Make sure you download the latest iHeart app. There was a new one available not too long ago. Not sure if it'll help the problem some are having but thought I'd throw that out there as a possibility.