• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good lord......the gnats!!!!

I'm assuming the 200 feet of rain we've had since the snow melt is helping the gnat and biting flies make more gnats and biting flies. I take a step on my lawn and it comes alive, and attacks. I can't even spend quality beer drinking time in the garage without getting carpet bombed.

Is there a spray I can put in my atv sprayer to get rid, or bust down the population of these critters??? If so, what is it?????

I've tried the standard lawn and garden spray, and I've tried Seven. They ate it like candy and came back for more.

Eric... I feel your pain as well as well as the same bug bites!! These buggers (pardon the pun) gotta go!! When mowing my back yard, I feel like an appetizer for these flying vermin!

I've tried everything under the sun and they seem to have built up a tolerance to it all. EXCEPT fire!! Which, if you want some quality garage time, is not an option.

If I find the secret formula, I'll let you know.

While I was complaining about the gnats to my golfing neighbor he mentioned to put a fabric softener sheet, like you would use in your clothes dryer, under your hat. After a few cold ones I could just see a few fellows walking around with dryer sheets hanging out of their hats, pants, and shoes.

if you check the other thread on gnats i mention the use of bounce cliped on your hat. this is something my mother used to do while camping. she also had a sheet around her waistline. i have been using a sheet on my hat as a cut the grass and have not been bothered by gnats or biting flies or mosquitoes in the head area. good luck.

I'm assuming the 200 feet of rain we've had since the snow melt is helping the gnat and biting flies make more gnats and biting flies. I take a step on my lawn and it comes alive, and attacks. I can't even spend quality beer drinking time in the garage without getting carpet bombed.

Is there a spray I can put in my atv sprayer to get rid, or bust down the population of these critters??? If so, what is it?????

I've tried the standard lawn and garden spray, and I've tried Seven. They ate it like candy and came back for more.

Talk to Marv. He sprayed some stuff on the lawn for my brothers wedding last june when the bugs were terrible, it really knocked them down for a few days.

Where can you buy this stuff?? I have a terrible mosquito problem, and nothing seems to be working!!

Not sure if this is something you can purchase without an applicators license. Pretty potent stuff.

Has anyone used one of those mosquito magnets? They were the hot thing a couple of years ago.

I swear our mosquitoes are on steroids. There were still swarming after two applications of bug spray. I even got bit on my foot - through my tennis shoe.

I have one of the Mosquito-vac units.............it defiantly catches the bugs.......but I STILL have a bad mosquito problem. I cant go out after 7pm, with out getting carried away by mosquitoes.

One of these things is what i have

Mosquito vac

Eric lives in Avoca...He can spit and hit a farmer with an application license grin

grin

Or a guy that works for the Co-op, or one that works for Crop Mate, or the brother of a guy working for the co-op, and so on and so on and so on.

The gnats are still out in force and now the skeeters have teamed up with them to offer a one-two punch to all of us trying to enjoy quality garage time. I thought I saw them carry off a small child the other day.

Andy, the tile for the low area in the field behind my house is broken and it's been full of water for a couple years now. It's become a nice little breeding ground for the blood sucking garage time hating terrorists. The bats, barn swallows, and martins are having a feast but it's like going to war with China. We may have better firepower but they'll just people you to death.

BTW- The wife and Maggie say "Howdy"