• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boxelder Bugs

lovetoicefish

I have used Demon and this stuff is awesome on boxelder and asain beetles.

It is a pesticide so use rubber gloves on your hands and be careful.

It also leaves a residual so it will kill for weeks unless it rains, then one has to reapply.

About $15 to do the house for a year.

Most fertilizer plants carry this.

I use a product called Bugslayer. It is a product from the U of M. Spray it anywhere you have trouble, kills instantly and keeps killing. After applying 2 years have not had a single bug return. That is one nice feature of this product. Can be gotten at the (save big money store)

Thanks for all the input. I ended up using TEMPO, spendy but it worked to expectations. By the way, it was highly recommended by others. Now another subject. A few years back I had a lawn service areate our yard and he also applied, I think, rock salt.....? Any suggestions about when to areate and what to apply?

Rock salt? salt absorbs moisture taking the moisture away from grass causing the grass to go dormant from lack of moisture and eventually die.

Aerify if needed in late summer or early fall when grass is growing. Around labor day is when I Aerify. You could have a soil test done now to determin what product you specifically need for your lawn. I use 24-0-11 when I fertilize around Labor day.

My guess is that it was pelleted gypsum, not rock salt. Salt would be a negative on a lawn. Gypsum helps break down clay. Someone posted a great piece on the difference between gypsum and hydrated lime but I can't find it.

My guess is that it was pelleted gypsum, not rock salt. Salt would be a negative on a lawn. Gypsum helps break down clay. Someone posted a great piece on the difference between gypsum and hydrated lime but I can't find it.

Probably just do a search on dog spots on lawn