• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

College Hockey - 2011/2012

solbes

WM should wait behind SCSU if you ask me. Huskies are clearly the better team, have good tradition, and have committed $$$ to renovating their arena (which is already bigger than WMU). The problem is WM may help lure Notre Dame with their close proximity. Notre Dame is seen as crucial to a Versus TV deal. Also ND has said they prefer a 7 team conference as this leaves further freedom in scheduling closer non-con games. But I suppose WMU is a good bet to join, and they clearly want to.

Below is a link of a cool analysis on points returning by WCHA team in 11/12:

Blog post with returning points by WCHA team

1. Colorado College 292 (out of 391)

2. Denver 233 (out of 357)

3. St Cloud State 221 (out of 314)

4. Minnesota-Duluth 218 (out of 398)

5. Nebraska-Omaha 216 (out of 348)

6. Minnesota State 193 (out of 279)

7. Wisconsin 183 (out of 357)

8. North Dakota 177 (out of 471)

9. Michigan Tech 169 (out of 196)

10. Minnesota 151 (out of 294)

11. Alaska-Anchorage 150 (out of 244)

12. Bemidji State 138 (out of 234)

Does that mean that Tech may beat out North Dakota in the standings? Ah no... But interesting nonetheless. CC is clearly way out in front in this category. North Dakota, Duluth, and Wisconsin have some huge off season losses to make up.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what happened to the Bulldog hockey fan HSOforum, its been down for a week or so. Looks like we have a rodent infestation problem!

full-5554-10838-sabotaged20umd20penalty2

Funny that the site is actually sponsored by a GPL guy, oh well.

]Rodents will be infecting all of college hockey this year. For some reason ik am optimistic again. Looking for a 3rd place finish.

Pretty telling of the times when a diehard rodent fan is "optimistic" about next year for his team and predicts a 3rd place finish. Since when did optimistic about your team mean finishing less than a winner? You are sounding more like a reasonable or hopeful Beaver/Husky fan than a "once the top of the world" rodent fan.

I no longer have the blind optimism. Im shooting for 3rd and that is more of a goal then a prediction. O how I have fallen.

Maybe I should be cheering for a last place finish just to get Lucia out of here.

I am confident this team can get it done. I do still require the firing of Potulny and the hiring of Scott Bell in his place.

Ok I will step up, the gophers shock everyone and win the WCHA regular season and playoffs on their way to a 6th NCAA title. They follow that up with a historic run of 4 more national titles to take their rightful place on top of the college hockey world with 10NC's.

Too much?

Perfect,

Bear dont they already have 10 when you count all the national titles they have.

Im gonna see if I can find out who has the most. I know michigan does. But werent there a bunch of years prior that arent counted or something.

I think if you guys could swing the next 2 back to back, that would be a mighty fine way to exit the WCHA. Would pass Bucky and tie ND and DU. And would be a heckuva way to start your BTHC recruiting effort.

I think if you guys could swing the next 2 back to back, that would be a mighty fine way to exit the WCHA. Would pass Bucky and tie ND and DU. And would be a heckuva way to start your BTHC recruiting effort.

We better ease up on all this NC talk, you are starting to sound crazy and that would pretty much make me clinically insane.

Well....they can't do much wrost grin

Oh sure they can do worse . . . don't be so negative . . . grin

Unfortunately, I think they'll crack the top 5 this year and maybe actually finally play in one of their regionals in their back yard.

Shorelunch. U sound like a gopher fan. Playoffs, wow. Don't worry our team with all its playoff experience will be playing at the x or is it marriucci in the regions. That sure is crazy to think the gophs don't have a Player that has any playoff experience. Maybe out little transfer we got has played a game.

Gophs are shooting for 3rd. Official predictions coming in sept but.....

Cc

Denver . Ill have to check their roster

Gophs

Cloud

Sioux

The X has the 2012 NCAA Regional. Which means crappy atmosphere unless you get the Gophers or combination of 2+ of Huskies, Dogs, Badgers, or Sioux. I couldn't believe how quiet the crowd was at the 2009 Regional at Mariucci when the Dogs played Miami there. It was like watching an exhibition pre-season game. Huge difference between that and the F4 this past season.

I see top 7 being very crowded in the WCHA next year. Should be a good ride.

1) Tigers

2-7) Up for grabs between Huskies, Sioux, Pioneers, Gophers, Dogs, and Blais' Mavs

]Shorelunch. U sound like a gopher fan. Playoffs, wow. Don't worry our team with all its playoff experience will be playing at the x or is it marriucci in the regions. That sure is crazy to think the gophs don't have a Player that has any playoff experience. Maybe out little transfer we got has played a game.

Gophs are shooting for 3rd. Official predictions coming in sept but.....

Cc

Denver . Ill have to check their roster

Gophs

Cloud

Sioux

I think I'd cheer for the Russians back in 1980 than for the Gophers laugh

I think UMtc in 3rd is a little too optimistic.

CC - talented squad, nice win last year vs BC

DU - can they duct tape a goalie to the net?

UNO - Blaiser has a good young squad

UND - loss of scoring hurts

MN - gotta like Coach G back, good recruits as always

SCSU - I'd put them higher, except it's SCSU

UMD - who knows

WI - who knows

AA

BSU

TECH

Mankato

Definitely a wild guess after CC and DU.

My $.02 worth....and that's taking inflation into account!

CC - get the nod over DU based on goalie

DU - may drop if they can't find a goalie

UND - lost a LOT of scoring but they seem to just reload and march on

UNO - won't be "sneaking" up on anyone this year

SCSU - weak on the blue line could be costly

MN - would place higher but it is the Gophs.

UMD - lost 2/3 of the big line, Falk and captain is tough to replace.

WI - no idea

BSU

AA

TECH

Mankato

Top 2 are a cut above the rest. If Brittan can return early it will help DU a lot. I don't think other teams expected UNO to be that good last year but they will have a bigger target on them this year. Hack just seems to reload so I had to keep them no lower than 3.

SCSU should score and if Lee lives up to expectations then they could surprise. Could be tough if they get some new D to step up. Gophs have the talent to move up, just haven't seen much out of them the last few years. No idea what to expect out of WI.

Sorry Solbes but I think UMD lost a LOT! Probably worth it though to have a National Title.

Sorry Solbes but I think UMD lost a LOT! Probably worth it though to have a National Title.

Can't argue with that. JT will play strong with JConn. Oleksuk will be solid #2 centerman. Beyond that we need 3-4 guys (Basaraba, Seidel, Bergman, and Lamb) to step up huge and start finding the back of the net. Unlikely they can keep up with last year.

As to your last point...Yup!

full-5554-10864-f42011016.jpg