• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Modern Warfare 3' multiplayer: 'Kill Confirmed' mode, Pointstreaks and more

Comments20

By Brett Molina, USA TODAY

Updated 2d 15h ago

Anyone who plays Call of Duty is well aware the most popular match type by far is Team Deathmatch. But Michael Condrey, co-founder of Sledgehammer Games, thinks the all-new Kill Confirmed match will offer some stiff competition.

"I think it will give Team Deathmatch a run for its money," Condrey says in an interview with Game Hunters. "I think it will be industry-defining in a way."

Kill Confirmed is one of several key changes for the highly popular multiplayer component in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, co-developed by Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward.

Here's how it works: Two teams compete in a deathmatch environment, with players dropping a dog tag after each kill. While the individual gets credit for the kill, the team doesn't earn a point until the kill is confirmed by collecting the dog tag. If the opposing team snags its slain squadmate's tag, the team kill is "denied."

For example, a player can earn five kills, but the team doesn't score points unless he or she has collected all five dog tags.

"It marries the great competitiveness of the individual player with a team-based experience in a whole new way," Condrey says.

Condrey adds the mode paves the way for intriguing tactics, such as setting a trap of sorts with several dog tags to lure opponents. Another potential tactic could involve having one player pick off enemies while a teammate grabs the tags.

you'll never be able to take the camping out of call of duty, or any FPS for that matter.

When they said they made the maps less camper friendly I just laughed. You can camp any doorway, corner, rooftop.... So unless the level is void of any cover their will be camping.

Everyone who plays CoD has "camped" at one point or another.

How's the knifing action? Really like sneaking up behind that riverrat guy wink May try and pick up a copy on the way home tomorrow if I get nodak camp packed up early enough. Guessing wifey will only tolerate limited play since I've been chasing ducks the better part of 2 weeks now. There is monday when she heads to work grin Anyone using the junk food codes for double xp play?

Not happy they kept the heart beat sensor's and quick scoping.

Fun when you don't run into those two things, or laggy games/server errors.

The maps feel a little too much like you are on a track, vs a more open space. Lots of campers at first, but there always will be some.

Haven't found a a gun that's awesome yet, but have used the UMP 45 for runnin' and the SCAR w/ACOG for the more open maps.

Runnin, it's the UMP until you get the P90 from what I hear. As for distance. The CMP901 is quite sweet, the Scar-L is great to..............heck, the M4 is a killer.

Anyone run Private matches and played around with Custom classes on there to try out all the guns? Some sweeeeeet launchers if you haven't gotten that far.

Is that a PS3 issue again or are those with XBOX's experiencing the same symptoms? I talked to a guy that was also having some of those problems and he has a PS3.

At this juncture I haven't played yet, but if everything goes to plan I should be back home tomorrow in full-on noob mode with a shiny new copy of MW3. smile

I'm on PS3. Had about 5 server/migration errors today as well.

Always happens the first week or two, they'll figure it out. Just annoying until they do.

Way too much quic kscoping.

BTW, Team Defender is pretty fun if you haven't tried it. It kind of focuses the action, vs having to find it. If you are in a stable game, you can rack up some good kills.

Also:

Posted Today 6:20 AM - By Adam Rosenberg (G4)

Modern Warfare 3

No one went into this week with any illusions: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 launched on Tuesday and anyone with an awareness of such things naturally speculated that it would be draw the biggest opening day turnout of this year, if not ever. Both are true: Activision confirms that MW3 moved more than 6.5 million copies in its first 24 hours, making it the biggest entertainment launch of all time.

These are the official numbers from Activision, as opposed to the educated-guess, worldwide sales numbers we reported yesterday. Those sales numbers relate entirely to North America and the United Ransom, and the press release notes that they're based on figures from Charttrack and "retail customer sell-through information." The 6.5 million-plus translates to more than $400 million, toppling all previous records, including those set by Black Ops last year ($360 million) and Modern Warfare 2 the year before ($310 million).

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/71.../#ixzz1dRMtSDgg

No wonder its been laggy!!

And with today being a holiday I'm sure there were a lot more users on during the day.

I just read that an update was pushed out today for PS3 users for some sort of memory error message. They also said that other updates are coming to address connection issues.

FYI, they did release a small update last night. For whatever reason it wasn't pushed to me, but everyone else I was playing with. After that happened, i couldn't join them at all our they couldn't join me.

I had to manually go into my system and delete the cache on the hdd, to basically force a manual update. Then everything was fine.

The only issue I've had so far is that one above, and matchmaking seems pretty slow, but once you get a game going its pretty dang smooth.