• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battlefield 3

bgreen82

I picked up a copy of that a few weeks ago and wasn't very impressed with it. There are still some bugs in the gameplay/scoring and it seems very unbalanced to me. I was all fired up for BF3 but now I am not sure. I do love the large, multilevel maps that are destructible.

I thought I read a while back something like "Everything in the map will be destructible. I've been unimpressed with the level destruction so far. I mean, I enjoy shooting RPG's into some parts of buildings and watching it blow up, but I really want to see some buildings crumble! Maybe I just haven't played enough to experience this though. Has anyone seen a building completely topple yet?

I thought I read a while back something like "Everything in the map will be destructible. I've been unimpressed with the level destruction so far. I mean, I enjoy shooting RPG's into some parts of buildings and watching it blow up, but I really want to see some buildings crumble!

You can take down a building in BFBC2 - it just takes a lot of firepower. Tanks work the best!! wink

FYI: yall can't past any judgement until you play the full game. Playing a beta is like playing a free credit game on an arcade machine. The graphics are set to low, many features are disabled, it's a bare bone look at what you will be getting. The glitching that you see is expected and usual for any beta. Just seeing the dl size of what, 1.7mb compared to a game dl of about 8 to 10GB shows how extremely limited in detail it will be.

On the plus note, as a past developer for the BF series, I've obtained a few perks that the normal gamer doesn't get. Let me just say this, as I can't say anything specific, it's the most detailed and sickest FPS game to be seen in years. If you are a COD freak, I know it will be hard to like this game, unless you are able to adapt and overcome running n gunning. Using "teamwork" and "strategies" is how you dominate this game, just like BF2 and BF1942.

Please join me during release week (Shasheem) on the PS3. Size of squads on ps3 will determine if I switch to pc, it's still up in the air. But, I will be playing pretty much ever minute that my eyes are open.

I have noticed that if you can't get on at least a decent sqad the game sucks. You are constantly getting owned because your squad is lame in the team work realm. I think this will be the games downfall. In COD you can jump in to about any match and at least hold your own.

That has always been the downfall of Battlefield.

An organized game of position players and the game is out of this world, but darn near impossible to just hop into a random game and have any success.

At least that has been my experience with the series.

I agree, like I touched on earlier the party/squad system from the little Ive seen leaves lot to be desired.

For those that probably know the series better, can you communicate with other squads or are you stuck talking to the 4 members of your squad. If not that will make it difficult if not impossible to pull of any sort of large scale teamwork.

On COD if you use teamwork you can dominate. Even if you are in a random lobby at least you can attempt some teamwork since you can talk to your entire team at once.

I actually have found the game fun so far, just not to the degree I enjoy COD but I can see myself getting it, only closer to xmas and not on launch day. Ill probably regret that when Im getting absolutely owned as a Battlefield, christmas noob.