• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

JJV's Best

bucketmouth64

Picked up a gallon of JJV's Best boat cleaner for aluminum hull. Glad they had a spot at the show to answer some of my questions. I saw them on Midwest Outdoors and was impressed by their demonstration. Actually looking forward to cleaning the hull and see how easy it is as they claim.

Bucketmouth,

Did you test out the JJV's cleaner yet? Did you get the Hull Cleaner or Aluminum Cleaner?

I'm interested to see how it worked for you as I was thinking about getting some.

No I haven't tried it yet. Weather hasn't cooperated the days I could do it. I got the aluminum pontoon cleaner since I don't have any painted surfaces. I would've tried today, but I had boat in to get skeg/prop repaired. I will post when I do get it done and let you know how it worked.

I want to try some of that JJV's hull cleaner on my Crestliner. I've been using CLR to get those stubborn hard water spots off. CLR works good for that, with little elbow grease, but its so strong that you have to wear rubber gloves and the smell will burn your nostrils. It also bleaches my garage floor if I spill it.

According to the comercial for JJV's you just spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes and spray it off. I'm all for quick and easy if it does a good job.

Nels

Not trying to hijack this thread, but something I found long ago that gets those stubborn water stains off paint, aluminum, and yes, black motors....a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. Won't harm anything, and is cheap. I spray the boat/motor with it the minute I get home, and hose it off 5 minutes later. Used to use this in the body shop.

Tried the JJV's best on aluminum pontoons yesterday. It worked pretty darn well. The pontoons were pretty caked with water line marks and from the stained water. Followed directions and after the first application it looked really good. Did a light second application in the worse areas with the remaining product and it looks pretty darn good.

I'd give it a Shorelunch endorsement (for whatever that's worth!) smile

Just got done using the aluminum cleaner on my Predator and let me tell ya, this stuff is by far the best out there for cleaning your aluminum hulls! I have tried a lot of different products out there. Super easy to use, too. Spray it on, let it sit for 5-10 and spray it off. I strongly recomend a pressure washer for the job. All in all am VERY pleased with the results. It took off the ugly black stuff that has probably been there for 20 years. Great product, probably the best $30 I have spent on the boat in a long time. I used about .75 of the gallon I bought. Now let's see how long it lasts in the tarnished waters around here.

Did my boat today and it really worked pretty good. First product that actually works. I tried to tape off the decals fearing the stuff might affect it, but it didn't. I did a small strip first to see the difference and it was like night/day. The only thing that I noticed after rinsing it off was that it left kind of a light chalky film after drying. I couldn't believe how well it cleaned. My boat looks practically brand new again. There were a few spots that didn't clean well after a couple applications because I ran out. I will be definitely be buying more of JJV at next sportshow for next springs cleaning.