• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sons of Guns

Gordie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherpa,

The AK sniper conversion was to achienve the "Always shoots no matter what" characteristics of an AK with the accuracy of a sniper rifle.

Sandy desert conditions this guy may have the edge on other semi-auto snipers...but what the heck do i know. I just watched an episode of sons of guns laugh

Yeah that does actually make sense to me now. Now that you guys point that out i do remember them saying that. Good point limitout and truthwalleyes. I would still love to have one of those.

I think that the concept behind the AK sniper was to combine the accuracy of a sniper rifle with the durability of the AK, which is not known for it's accuracy whatsoever but is extremely dependable.

What are you talking about, the AK is accurate. 2-4 inch groupings with iron sights at 100 yards is pretty accurate. Some people cant even do that with a scoped weapon.

What are you talking about, the AK is accurate. 2-4 inch groupings with iron sights at 100 yards is pretty accurate. Some people cant even do that with a scoped weapon.

They weren't talking about 100 yards.

I guess you'll have to ask Will Hayden, proprietor of Red Jacket Firearms, weapons expert, gunsmith, and United States Marine why he did it.

Why would anyone need to ask him. you have all the answers and know. Why don't you just tell us???

I guess you'll have to ask Will Hayden, proprietor of Red Jacket Firearms, weapons expert, gunsmith, and United States Marine why he did it.

I'll take a stab at that answer Because its AMERICA and He Can grin

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND FIREARMS

A Bullet Puller or Kinetic Hammer uses the momentum of the bullet at the time of impact with the hard surface to unseat it without igniting the primer or powder.

They pulled the bullet to reload and reduce the charge of the round for the customer.

Typically using a hammer will deform the tip of a soft point bullet and will not be reused.

A Bullet Puller or Kinetic Hammer uses the momentum of the bullet at the time of impact with the hard surface to unseat it without igniting the primer or powder.

They pulled the bullet to reload and reduce the charge of the round for the customer.

Typically using a hammer will deform the tip of a soft point bullet and will not be reused.

Thanks for clearing that up! Pretty neat tool... Make you wonder how someone devised that one up? Couple beers in the garage, hey I bet i can make this bullet come out with out it firing. WHACK!

I just started watching this show (via DVR) and saw the episode with JR and Mikey from OC choppers. At the end of that show when Will went to NY to visit their shop. There was a camo bike in there and I swear the tag on it said "Jared Allen".

Anybody else notice this? Or see his camo bike riding around this summer?

just looked it up on the tube and sure enough...

full-17729-14718-jallen.jpg