• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taxidermist, let's show off our work

fishmounter

I had my state record largemouth bass mounted by Artistic Anglers. It took a year and a half -- they said they had to make a new mold due to the size of the fish -- but the recreation was 1.5 inches short of the actual size of the fish. That was measured by me with a tape measure along the curvature so no excuses. A beautiful artistic air-brush job, but I'm disapointed in the dimensions.

Caviat: The fish was caught using a one inch Rapala fishing for Spring Crappies before Bass season so the fish was released and photographed. But I know what lake she reside in! grin

I had my state record largemouth bass mounted by Artistic Anglers. It took a year and a half -- they said they had to make a new mold due to the size of the fish -- but the recreation was 1.5 inches short of the actual size of the fish. That was measured by me with a tape measure along the curvature so no excuses. A beautiful artistic air-brush job, but I'm disapointed in the dimensions.

Caviat: The fish was caught using a one inch Rapala fishing for Spring Crappies before Bass season so the fish was released and photographed. But I know what lake she reside in! grin

1.5" short? I woulda asked for my money back.

If your sending in pix's for a repro I would suggest taking some with it by a ruler. wink

You know, that's not a bad idea, but we were lucky to get any pictures at all...wanted to be quick about it and had a disposable 35mm. Still, it's not for Artistic Anglers to question the dimensions given by a customer. 23.5" x 18.5". cool I'll try to post a pic of the mount if I can figure out the photobucket thing.

How about a picture of the actual fish? I'm more interested in that.

I posted those pix in 2006 if you want to do a search. Otherwise, everything is on the other computer that no longer has internet. If you find the pix, you will see they are kind of rotten, though you can see the ridiculous relative size of the fish. I managed to clean up the contrast in photoshop later. Still hoping to get the mount pics off my iphone.

Hey guys...i have a question for you guys....so my dog chewed on my bass mount and took some of the back tail off of it...also he chewed the fins off the bottome of the belly. Is this something that you guys could fix? Not sure if this is even possible but this mount was my dads and means a lot to me and would love if i could get it fixed.

are there any taxidermists that can do the gold coloring on crappies like on the crappies we find on dark stained water lakes?

or as seen in this fish?

I am going to have this one mounted for my son, but I want to see pictures of finished products before I make a decision as to where I'm going to take it.

thanks!

andrewscrappie021.jpg

bassfshin24,

Your smallmouth can repaired, it'll need to be stripped of the paint job, replaces fins and repainted, check out my HSOforum at alaska kim's taxidermy and you'll see a smallmouth that I stripped, replaced broken fins and repainted under my fish section.

If you had five guys measure the same fish you would probaly come up with five different measurements. Everyone seems to measure fish different. Did you measure the back side of your state record repo? If it has a c-curve facing out it will be shorter on the frontside then the back. Same thing happens with a skin mount. Guy brings in a 30" walleye and wants a headout mount. He measures it when its done on the front side and its 29" and its 31" on the back. Its still the same fish he brought in.

Some nice looking mounts guys.