• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Tourny

scsavre

Well whoever I root for today, it should be an entertaining game. I gotta think that OT loss stung a little for Denver so they will come out with some fire. North Dakota has had no problems playing well to whoever their opponent has been.

Is this ND team better than that of the DOT line from a few years ago? Is Dell better than whoever their goalie was back then?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solbes, this is the best UND team that I have seen since there 2000 champioship team. Dell is as good as lamoureux or Jordan Praise. This team doesn't have any weaknesses. They have 7 defensemen who could start on any team. They have four lines they roll the first three lines are good or great with the fourth line being OK. Power kill is really good. Powerplay is decent but they seem to give up a shorthander every now and then. Thats probably the weakest link in there armor IMO. They don't take alot of dumb penalties like other teams in the past. This team is deep. It would be a shame if they don't win today.

North dakota can be good, but they can be pretty average too. It will be a good game. 4-2.

It would be nice having UND in STP for purposes to help the crowd. But then you also have to deal with them too. And it will be packed either way. I really hope that the Dogs show up with a rowdy crowd. So far I give them the award for lamest crowd at the X. Im tired of the Sioux. Lets get the Dogs their first title.

I hate Denver, but I hate the Sioux even more, they have the worst, and obnoxious fans that know nothing about hockey. But they do show up and cheer like crazy. obviously not talking about you guys on here.

I think I will be at the 4 either way.

Had to miss first period yesterday. They looked great offensively in the second but a lot of little defensive mistakes that a team like Denver will capitalize on. They were definitely told to let off the gas in the third. Looked like a lot of short shifting saving for today. Anyone else getting really tired of refs not even attempting to get their skates out of the way? Need to show them some old school vids of their predecessors white knucling it from the glass. Glass most likely higher now but make some effort.

Time to run the Sioux flag up the pole and crack one.

I know what you mean about the refs Bryce. In the third period UND had its third or fourth line out in the PP. I didn't see much of the first two lines in the third so they should be rested up.

Raise that flag. Cheers

I agree the Dogs don't have near the crowd dynamics of the Sioux. But this is a once in 30 year type thing for them where their team is pretty good and they come as close to hosting the F4 as they ever will. Also I don't see them repeating next year with a few key seniors and some potential junior jumps on the horizon. I REALLY hope people up in the Twin Ports, and former alums realize this and buy tickets to support their team.

I think the Sioux have a better team than DU, but there's something about Brittain that makes me think he can stonewall them. Could be a low scoring game today with those two guys in net.

Stinking Sioux. I like the fans in general. Its just so many of them have no idea about hockey. They just go to go. Cant fault them for that though I guess. Just a lot of drunks complaining and yelling. I have a ton of bad experience with them. Good experience too though.

Go dogs.

I think the Sioux have a better team than DU, but there's something about Brittain that makes me think he can stonewall them. Could be a low scoring game today with those two guys in net.

NoDak definitely has the most depth and raw talent in the nation, but Denver has shown they can shut them down and play right along with them. Zucker will be a key for Denver, a major threat with his young talent. Should be another great battle between these two teams today. also expecting a pretty tight, low scoring game with the great tenders in net.

Nice win for UND. Should be a rockin' Xcel Energy center. Brooks, Shorelunch, Bryce and all the other Sioux guys, have your tix yet? Can't wait till Thursday.

Predictions on Notre Dame v UNH? I really have no idea and have seen them play only in their NCAA region games.

Yep. I think Denver ran out of gas. They will be the team to beat next year...if everybody stays. Heck, if they wouldn't have lost all the players over the post season they would have been the team. Good game.

What are all the sioux fans that don't understand the game of hockey going to do when they get to the games and find out they don't serve alcohol. NCAA does not allow alcohol to be served at their events.

I guess they might visit the local establishments pre-game and be even more Rowdy then usual. Should be great crowds for all the games. Looking forward to watching them.

That is going to be terrible for everyone. All it does it get people tanked durring pregame.

I wonder if you can tailgate down there. Ive seen it once or twice, but it small.

That would be fun though.

I will will run accross the street between periods. HAha

What are all the sioux fans that don't understand the game of hockey going to do when they get to the games and find out they don't serve alcohol.

It will be a shock I'm sure. It will also be a big difference between the Final 5 at the X and the Frozen Four. Oh well, should be fun anyway. If we get things taken care of properly, I will be there early and have a few outside the X before the games. We bought tix for the entire session. If Duluth loses the first game, I still want to see the title game. The only situation I wouldn't want to see is the Irish vs Wolverines, which I doubt will happen.

C'mon Scott we need you there loud and proud rooting for the Maroon and Gold. Any other Duluth fans going?

Not serving alcohol at the X might just force those UND fans to bring their own little bottles. Either way they will represent - at least the ones from ND.

I won't be able to be there - I will be with a group of college buddies on the Riany River - they do serve alcohol there.

Michigan...the Minnesota's new BIG TEN rival. Ah man UND needs to stick it to these guys.

We handled Michigan with ease this year, probably would have won a Big 10 conference title. WCHA has been too much for us lately so we are jumping ship to an easier conference.

The Michigan UND matchup is going to be a heck of a game, right now it's kind of hard not to imagine the winner of that game taking the whole thing but I am hoping the Dogs have a little magic up their sleeve.