• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LARGE SUCKERS

smeese

I still get looks when someone catches a bullhead at a lake and I ask if I can have it. Or when I knock on someones door asking them if I they care if I fish the stream in their field/woods for bullheads or chubs. They usually look at me funny and say go head there is no fish in their wink

I remember a while back about stocking muskies, I believe it was tetonka in waterville but the towns people said no way! Because Tetonka is "The bullhead capitol of the world" and they didn't want to risk loosing that due to the introduction of muskies.

I bet if we used 10 inch muskies as bait for catfish they would work just as well as bullheads. Maybe we can get them to legalize 10 inch skies for bait? jk

smeese I would suggest hitting up all the little creeks and such around the area and making and setting various minnow traps. Put in enough foot work and you will figure things out. You probably will find yourself some decent size chubs you can use in the process, maybe even a bullhead or two.

Muskie r opporunitst eater. If it's easy meal they will take the chance and eat it. Sucker bullies walleye bass sheepies 25" pike they will eat it. I would love to try bullhead for muskies. Just need to understand the bait law and transport law. I know a creek full of bullies.

I think that the main issue with not using bullies for muskie bait is because they're fairly hard to come by, especially in the 16" size range that anglers seem to think is the preferred live bait size for muskies. I think there was an 8" bullie reg wasn't there? I don't know anyone that uses suckers that small for muskies (at least if they can help it).

Would they work? I'd bet they would but who the heck wants to sit there watching a bobber?

Page 11, 2011 Minnesota Fishing Regulations:

Up to 100 bullheads, 7 - 10 inches in length, may be taken and possessed for use as live bait. Legal methods of taking include dip net, angling or minnow seines. Live bullheads must be transported in a container with a locking lid to prevent escape. These bullheads are considered part of the possession limits on pages 19, 52-54, and 57. Bullheads less than 7 inches in length are considered minnows and fall under those regulations.

Basically up to 10 inches can be used for bait. If you transport them they have to be in a container that has a locking lid.

Sounds like a Bullhead on a Quickstrike rig is worth a try to me..

shhh just our secrect and do you know how to catch bullies laugh

cat guys do cause we use um for bait for the top predator of all flatheads laugh

Just kidding guys whew thats funny