• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Surplus Tags Go On Sale This Week

DonBo

Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Wild Turkey Update - LEFTOVER 2011 SPRING TURKEY PERMITS GO ON SALE NEXT WEEK!

The 2011 Spring Turkey Season is just around the corner and leftover spring turkey permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis starting next week! Sales begin Monday, March 21 and leftover permits will be first issued for sale by zone, one zone per day, with each zone having a designated sales date as follows:

Zone 1 = Monday, March 21st, 10am - midnight

Zone 2 = Tuesday, March 22nd, 10am - midnight

Zone 3 = Wednesday, March 23rd, 10am - midnight

Zone 4 = Thursday, March 24th, 10am - midnight

Zone 5 & Zone 6 = Friday, March 25th, 10am - midnight

Any permits still remaining for all zones = Saturday, March 26th, starting at 10am and continuing until all permits are sold out or the season has come to an end

For information on how many permits remain in each zone and when, where, and how to purchase a leftover permit, please visit the DNR's 2011 Spring Turkey Leftover Permit Availability HSOforum at http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/springturkey/.

Best of luck for an enjoyable and successful spring turkey season!

Thanks for posting Don. Just got done making my list of days I want to pull an extra permit for. This spring might work out to hunt a few extra weekends and take some newbies hunting.

Take me, take me! I'm a WI newb! smile

You never know StickNString grin

Don I was lucky to pull my first double last spring. The last 3 or 4 years we have had two tags to fill. Nice to always have that extra tag in the pocket.

My old man lives over in WI and the birds are gobbling there heads off each morning. My land owneer just sent me an e-mail to tell me he's seeing a group of toms strutting every morning right now. Good luck to pulling an extra tag. Only 80,000 left over. grin

Hoyt, nice to have those locals letting you know what's happening right now huh?

Nate, 10:00 IS breaktime you know.... grin But I'm guessing there'll still be plenty left over at noon, or April.

Picked up my surplus tag for season C April 27th - May 1st.

Tomorrow going to pick one up for later in May.

Thursday I will try my luck and get one for zone 4 for my regular season.

Double, TRIPPLE dipping. Aint't Wisconsin grand? smile

At first I thought I was being greedy. whistle

Then after this weekend going to NE scouting I just love being in the turkey woods too much. This might be the only spring where I can do this. Most years I have early ball tourneys but for some reason they are all falling on different times and I will be able to hunt more and hope to do more video's this spring.

Don your right about WI for the tags.

I will have my sister out on season C. She has never gone so I'm hoping to get her hooked. I will be hunting her Father inlaw farm.

At first I thought I was being greedy. whistle

No need to feel guilty when there's almost 48,000 left-over tags. Guess if they want us to shoot 'em, we should probably take up the challenge.

Picked up a surplus E tag in zone 4.

Never hunted Wisconsin before so I am looking forward to a new experience.

Have access to 160 acres in the Ellsworth area.

Don't know what to expect but the land owner says he sees turkeys all of the time.

We shall see.

Picked up a surplus E tag in zone 4.

Never hunted Wisconsin before so I am looking forward to a new experience.

Have access to 160 acres in the Ellsworth area.

Don't know what to expect but the land owner says he sees turkeys all of the time.

We shall see.

Good luck hugonian lost of birds in that area.

I have a Zone 1 tag for C season two tags for Zone 4 season E.